Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

Vhf dsc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vhf dsc

I am trying to connect my Lowrance HDS9 Gen 2 to my Uniden um280 to utilize the gps or dsc function. I followed the instructions in the Uniden manual for both the gps connection and then I followed the connection for a chart plotter and cant get any information from the Lowrance. I thought I made to appropriate setting change in the Lowrance but I am not receiving any info.

I’m confused.

You connect 2 wires between the chart plotter and the vhf.

Comment

The two wires and the bare ground wire.

Comment

Connect transmit (TX) on chart plotter to receive (RX) on VHF.

Grounds from both units get tied together

Comment

I will give it another shot. I thought I had everything connected correctly. Should I leave the wires connected for an extended period before throwing in the towel

Comment

Http://Unidensupport.com/UN380

Comment

Connecting to a GPS Receiver:

First, Connect the Yellow wire from the radio to the positive transmit/+NMEA out wire from the GPS.

Next, Connect the Green wire from the Radio to the negative transmit (-NMEA OUT) wire from the GPS Receiver..

To finish, If your GPS Receiver does not have a negative transmit (-NMEA OUT) wire, connect the Green wire from the Radio to the GND wire from the GPS Receiver

.http://unidensupport.com/Find-Your-P...ne/Yellow-Wire

Comment

Working...
              X