Bluetooth transmitting Stereo?

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is there such a thing? I have a 2013 SouthBay Tritoon that has underskinning. It only has 2 speakers in the rear of the boat and a combination of the seats being very skinny (if speakers installed in base, no room for life jackets stored there) and the major pain it would be trying to run wires to the front of the boat for speakers, it does not really seem to be an option. I would like to use my JBL waterproof Bluetooth Speaker upfront. The unit that is currently in the helm has no output jacks, only an input, so adding a bluetooth transmitter to this unit is not an option. I figure no matter what I am going to have to get a different radio with either an output jack that I can add a bluetooth transmitter, or preferably a radio with factory bluetooth transmitter in it. Does anybody know of any?

Alan Lloys

Petty Officer 3rd Class
There are many units that have variable pre-outs that you can connect to a bluetooth transmitter.
However this really only works at louder levels as the pre-out it otherwise too low of a volume.

You want to find something that has a fixed pre-out or 2nd zone output.
The only ones I know of with this feature is Clarion.
There are several models available.

One example is Clarion M508 that would fit the bill but there are others too.

I am not aware of any units that would have a Bluetooth transmitter already built in.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Keep in mind, Bluetooth speakers require power. Would still need to run power to the speakers

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
my Bluetooth speaker is rerechargable.
Then why bother with a radio at all?

I went to streaming music. Wired a Bluetooth adaptor to the input (which mfg. claimed it didn’t have) of my existing AM/FM/CD player.

Use Spotify app as a remote. Works well as long as I’m within range for cell service. Need siriusXM for offshore

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
a pontoon is one of the easiest boats in the world to run wires in . you go down, thru the channels under the deck, then come up.