Battery charging

Several questions about batteries and charging;

1st- When I am operating my boat if I’m running on battery #1, is battery #2 being charged?

2nd- if im running on All, are both batteries being charged?

3rd- winter storage/ with the batteries in the boat and a trickle charger connected to battery #1, is battery #2 being charged?

4th- winter storage/ same as above but battery witch is OFF? Or ALL, or #1 or #2?

In simple terms, * What’s the best way to trickle charge my dual batteries?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Q1 -no
Q2- yes, but they are both acting as one. If one battery goes bad, they will both be shut down
Q3-no
Q4- pick your poison

Dual battery charger or install an ACR

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I concern with dingbat's answer. I would get another battery charger and trickle change them, separately, until you need them again. Just my opinion.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
best is to have two trickle chargers, one for each battery

or move the trickle charger from battery to battery about once every few months.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I concern with dingbat's answer. I would get another battery charger and trickle change them, separately, until you need them again. Just my opinion.

What’s your concern?

No problem whatsoever charging the house battery with a single source via the ACR. That’s what an ACR is designed to do

Dont own a trickle charger. Charge the batteries when I winterize in December and again when it comes out of hibernation in March.

My batteries are on their seventh season. Must be doing something right

gm280

Supreme Mariner
What’s your concern?

No problem whatsoever charging the house battery with a single source via the ACR. That’s what an ACR is designed to do

Dont own a trickle charger. Charge the batteries when I winterize in December and again when it comes out of hibernation in March.

My batteries are on their seventh season. Must be doing something right

Oh wait a second. That word should have been CONCUR. Sorry! Again my fingers seem to not type what my little tiny brain is thinking so many times. Replace the concern with concur and reread. It will make better sense...I hope! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: