1992-(3) Nissan NS90A possible CD problem

Patrick O'Neal

Recruit
1992-(3) Nissan NS90A. It was running well a couple of years ago, however has set in our boat lot (fresh water lake) for the last 20 months. I put a new battery in it so I could raise the motor to bring it to my garage to clean it up; the tilt was slow but worked. Buzzer was going off every time I tried to move the trim/tilt. Tried to lower the motor later but it stopped half way down. Found the main 20A fuse blown and replaced it. Have checked the remote control and all appears good. Tried to raise the motor again – it started up – stopped and would not go up or down. The main fuse was blown; replaced the fuse & it did not blow. Now the buzzer no longer works. Cleaned all the battery terminals (battery is setting at 12.7 volts) nothing works. No control over the starter, trim/tilt even through there is 12 V at the starter and trim. Before changing the fuse I was able to hear the relays open and close for the trim/tilt. It appears that the CD module has quit. All grounds are good but do find 0.9Volts on all the grounds.. The price of a new CD is $350 with shipping. No power to the remote, no fuses blown under the dash. Gas gauge quit working. Is there any way to check the CD module or a place to send it to have it tested. Hate to spend $350 for a new CD module; any ideas. Any help or ideas appreciated.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Very likely NOT the cd but rather high restance at battery cable connections. .Need to clean all connections on both ends of the cables.