Best all around 6.5 inch Marine speaker!?

Jeronimo21

Recruit
Looking to replace the stock speakers on my 08 Hurricane. They will not be powered by an external amp just the Sony Headunit. Whats everyone using? I'm looking to spend around 100ish a pair.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
i have Pyles in my boat. about $35 a pair.

not sure they are the best. however they play music and are cheap enough to replace when they get damaged by too much beer

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
second the pyles at that price they get damaged I am not heart broken and they sound just fine not amped

Jeronimo21

Recruit
Thanks guys! the Yyles haven't really been on my radar so I will take a closer look. Budget options seem to be Boss Audio or Fusion

briangcc

Commander
I have Jensen - I think they are 6-6.5" rounds. Came with the boat. Not overly enamored with them. I'm kicking around Pioneer or RF.

You might want to look into a small(ish) amp as well. You'd be surprised what a difference it makes.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I recently replaced the ones in one of our boats with [h=1]Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers with Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters[/h] No amp in my boat, actually have only done 2 in the cockpit so far - I like 'em

I think my son put some in some other boats too, may have some amp

Jeronimo21

Recruit
I'm still undecided, now I will be adding a set to the rear of the boat, in between the ski pole and the OB motor. The Kickers and Kenwoods both look good.