Electrical panel 82 glasply 470 rebuild

aarons 470

Petty Officer 1st Class
Need some Advise on Panel needs new switches (are there replacements available size wise) or replace panel? There sticking and just old.

Im guessing a new panel, there would be some mod to dash.
Maybe someone has done a similar panel and found a good replacement?

Attachments

• photo300705.jpg
    photo300705.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

aarons 470

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not sure if i should start another post. My electric fuel pump and relay/ switch are installed and wired up.

On the oil oil pressure switch “ignition” tab.
Is it ok to take it from positive coil, or Any other places I should wire it to.
Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
all your gauge power should be daisy chained or home-runned and come off the ignition switch (purple wire)
all the grounds should be either daisy chained or home-runned to the ground terminal buss

as for the circuit breakers and dash lamps, up to you. you can look for replacements, you can go with something else.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
What you have is very convenient since each branch circuit has a fuse right next to the switch. Remove a switch, get the manufacturers number off it and see if replacements are available. Otherwise, measure the hole size and Google push button switches. You will be deluged with hundreds of switches that have the dimensions you need. Same goes for the fuse holders. When it comes to wiring, do one switch and one fuse holder at a time. Don't undo the entire panel or you will come back to us asking for a wiring diagram that likely doesn't exist.

aarons 470

Petty Officer 1st Class
Had to cut out about 5/8ths and not much room to do it. And larger more in some spots. Impressed how solid this Glasply dash is.

Attachments

• photo301762.jpg
    photo301762.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

aarons 470

Petty Officer 1st Class
Should work out ok, green for your battery is going to die, have a green horn switch to on the right lol.

Attachments

• photo301849.jpg
    photo301849.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0