Stuck

Spiralers

Cadet
I got this far .10 gauge wire positive and negative from battery to st common blade fuse block 6 circuit positive and 6 circuit negative .have fish finder,manual bilge pump and nav lights.fuse block under dash.have a dpdt toggle switch for the nav lights.and a 2 way toggle for the bilge .how do I wire from the fuse block to the switches

alldodge

Staff member
This should help, a bit more elaborate then you have but may answer your questions

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gen wiring Diag 2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	10642925

alldodge

Staff member
You want to go from the buss bar, to the fuse, then the switch and then to item powered. This way protects switch, wire and unit.

Many run wire direct to switch, then to fuse and on to item, and this is ok. Only issue with running this method is anything past the fuse is not protected. If its just a short wire to switch it good, but not seeing all the issues your working with

Spiralers

Cadet
[SUB]thanks all dodge.yu say to the fuse .are u talking about the blade fuse block.also the blade fuse block has a positive and negative bus bar [/SUB]

Spiralers

Cadet
So far 10 avg to the positive and neg on the fuse block.then to the dpdt switch with the nav lights then to the fuse block right?"

alldodge

Staff member
What do you mean the all the issues

I cannot see what your looking at

So far 10 avg to the positive and neg on the fuse block."

yes

then to the dpdt switch with the nav lights then to the fuse block right?

No
Positive wire from the fuse block which goes thru a fuse, then to switch, and then Nav lights, then Negative back to ground buss bar

Spiralers

Cadet
Thats the trouble all dodge u guys have no patience.im learning and I wanna be right .please what size fuse.i have 5 amps on my fuse block.

alldodge

Staff member
Thats the trouble all dodge u guys have no patience.im learning and I wanna be right .please what size fuse.i have 5 amps on my fuse block.

I have patience, just don't know what item your talking about. The size fuse is determined by what size wire being used and what item being protected. If your used incandescence bulbs and 18 gauge wire then one size fuse would be needed. If your using LED bulbs then other sizes can be used. Fish finder can be maybe 3 amps, but need to look at which one your using and what the specs indicate. If your using standard Nav bulbs (assuming port, starboard, anchor) then maybe 10 amps and 16 gauge.

Just need to know what your powering up, what size wire, what bulbs, fish finder, etc

Spiralers

Cadet
Incandescent bulbs 1 in the bow and 1 in the stern.the fishfinder is 1.5 amps . The lights are 1.46 amps. The bilge is manual and is 2.1 amps .Im going to put the fuse block in the stern by the battery which is a short run for the bilge and the stern light.the dpdt toggle switch switch is in the dash at about 10 ft. Away .so I’m thinking a 12 or 10 avg to the fuse block.and 16 for the nav lights and 16 for the bilge and I already have 18 on fishfinder.if u think I’m ok on that.what size fuse for the assessories.

alldodge

Staff member
Sounds good. As for accessories it depends on what size wire feeds it from the fuse block
15 amp for 14 awg and 10 amp for 16 gauge