Parts for Garmin 182C Chartplotter

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The input connector with the attached internal harness (7 wires) needs replacement. Any idea where I can buy one?

Thanks,
Nick

levittownnick

Garmin responded advising me that they will not sell internal parts and suggested that I look for a "donor unit".
Looking at the connector, I could not find any logo, part number or any indication of who made the connector.
I'm ready to let it visit Dave Jones locker.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It’s all off the shelf stuff. Post a picture of what you need

levittownnick

Thr photo below is the connector attached to the unit. If it is available with the attached 7 wires it would be easier to work with.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• photo299534.jpg
    photo299534.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
While Garmin wont sell you parts, they will take your unit, repair it, and send it back. not sure what they would charge.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

i have had a few Garmin units repaired over the years

you could simply find a different style connector for both the head unit and the cables

something like a 7-pin receptacle for sensor cables or ham radio mics

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...z-8_IN._-_16_UN2)_Receptacles_-a-_Accessories

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PCS-7-Pi...nector-Male-Panel-Chassis-Mount-/122528418411

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
While Garmin wont sell you parts, they will take your unit, repair it, and send it back. not sure what they would charge.
Garmin will repair (flat rate) out of warranty unit on select units but be prepared for sticker shock.Unless you have a high end unit, the repair cause is greater than buying a buy new.

The repair bill for my GPSMAP multi-function display was over $800, but......that’s only 1/2 the price of buying a compared new unit

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
my hand-held was $80 at the time, have no idea what they get for repairs now.

new 4" units are under $300, 6" about $600

levittownnick

I just ordered the Male & female microphone connector (7-Pin) from ebay. It is not an exact replacement but for the price, I think I can make it work.
I sincerely want to thank all or your knowledge and help.

Nick

levittownnick

I was sloppy in the above response, in the last line, I omitted an f, in the word "or", it should have been "for". The sentence should have read: I sincerely want to thank all for your knowledge and help.

Thanks to all,
Nick