Wiring Diagram For 93 Javelin 350A

Ol Sarge

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Everyone. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for my 93 Javelin 350A Bass Boat. I'm looking for wiring color code from the switches to components. If anyone would happen to have one or know where I might find one on line I would really appreciate the info. Thanks.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
You can find motor wiring and dash gauge wiring in your motor manual, however doubt you will find anything else.

Good news is wiring colors are standard

Ol Sarge

Seaman Apprentice
You can find motor wiring and dash gauge wiring in your motor manual, however doubt you will find anything else.

Good news is wiring colors are standard

Thanks Scott, I sort figured that but I wasn't sure. I didn't know if each different boat company used a different color code like the auto companies do. The wiring in this boat I just bought is a mess and I'm trying to trace the wiring and get it straight. It looks like someone went crazy and butchered everything up. It makes no sense. I'm probably going to end up rewiring the whole thing from scratch so it will right.

Ol Sarge

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the lead Scott. I pretty much got it taken of today. It took a while and a lot of frustration but I got there. Thanks again.

rookiemike

Recruit
I just bought a 1987 Bassbuggy and have the same problem, one day everything on the dash worked and that night went on a lake cruise none of the lights, horn, airrater pump worked Started at the battery checking fuses to the panel fuses and all are Ok. Looked at the wiring and it is a disaster. Without taking the console completely apart there is no easy way to look at the rat's nest. I am lost, might just go without lights until I take it out this fall. If anybody has any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Rookie Mike, If everything quit, then the main fuse or breaker in the mail power feed to the fuse panel is blown (fuse) or open (circuit breaker). Next guess would be either the positive or negative side of the main power feed has a loose, disconnected or corroded connection. Start at the battery and follow the power. A voltmeter is your friend in any troubleshooting. If only one or two items quit, then the problem is between the fuse panel and the device(s) that aren't working. And by the way, you should not jump on someone elses posts. Start your own post.

Ol Sarge

Seaman Apprentice
I just bought a 1987 Bassbuggy and have the same problem, one day everything on the dash worked and that night went on a lake cruise none of the lights, horn, airrater pump worked Started at the battery checking fuses to the panel fuses and all are Ok. Looked at the wiring and it is a disaster. Without taking the console completely apart there is no easy way to look at the rat's nest. I am lost, might just go without lights until I take it out this fall. If anybody has any ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Mike it sounds like the same person that wired my boat probably wired yours. If you lost all those circuits at once look for what is common to all of them. It's probably either a power or ground connection that all of those circuits share. I ended up taking a multimeter and going wire by wire to trace each one out. Some of them changed color several times during the run of each wire. I guess they just used whatever color and gauge wire they had at the time to patch it together. By the time it was over I had rewired the whole boat. At least now I know it's done right and the wiring makes sense so if there is a problem in the future it will be easier to track down. With yours start by using your meter to check for voltage at each fuse and go from there. If you have voltage then check the grounds to see if they are good. It may be something as simple as a loose connection on the back of your ignition switch. Let me know how you make out.