Temperature tach on outboard

BG0666

Cadet
I've got a temp tach I know how to wire in my question is what kinda temperature sensor do I need? Moter is 81 Evinrude 70 horse model number E70ELCIH thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo297619.png
    photo297619.png
    550.4 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Photo shows a speedometer. Text below it says “tach”.

you are calling it a temp tach. What’s that???

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I wasn't going to say anything, I thought it was just me that was confused..

:faint2:

sam am I

Commander
Okay, I'll bite,

So never mind the picture, it's "just some picture off the web", happens to be a speedo BUT, you have same manu's (Faria) gauge and it's a Faria Tach that has an integrated/built-in temperature readout?

And you need to find out what type of sensor you need to have/run for the temp readout to work properly with the motor you have listed?

You don't happen to know/have a part number of the Faria Tach you bought do you?

Last edited:

BG0666

Cadet
No I can get in am I know that it came off 88 Merc 3.0 all I I know I pulled the dash and got all the gage's and toggles pretty much raped it was a buddy's spare sitting in back with bad block

sam am I

Commander
No I can get in am I know that it came off 88 Merc 3.0 all I I know I pulled the dash and got all the gage's and toggles pretty much raped it was a buddy's spare sitting in back with bad block

"No, I can get it in the a.m."

"I know that it came off 88 Merc 3.0."

"All I know is I pulled the dash and got all the gage's and toggles, pretty much raped it."

"Was a buddy's spare sitting in back with bad block."

I think I understand, if so yes, please get the model number from the Tach tomorrow or at least a picture of this thing and we'll go from there.

Thx

Last edited: