Mercury 40HP motor trim up/down electric failure.

HowSwede

Recruit
I have tried to search for this problem with no luck.
Bass Tracker with
40 HP mercury controlled with Quick Silver Series 3000 .
Motor is a Mercury year 96, Make FORCE OE 174 144
I have had this boat fore some years without any electrical problems so far but NOW

Boat on trailer I walk by and put a life jacket in the passenger seat by the vibration of that the motor trim up/down started down and don’t stop until battery is disconnected.
Trim runs down all the time except from when trim switch is turned to up position then trim motor stops as soon as I let go of trim switch it starts pulling motor down again. Motor doesn't move its stuck in down position.
I disconnected the battery.

Disconnected the two cables inside motor compartment that go down to the trim motor.
Took off the trim switch and took it apart it was a bit dirty and worn but not bad.
When measuring the voltage here the middle purple and the green line in to the switch both have 12v but the red has 0.0v

I assumed that the power would come in in the middle of the trim switch (purple) and be distributed when button is pushed for up/down with power going out on the green/red line.
I suspected some kind of shortcut in the bottom of the trim switch letting power out onto the green line making the motor trim going down.

Now I did cut the green line to the dissembled trim switch, now there is no power inside switch on the green line, only power on the middle purple line. So my theory of a faulty switch was wrong. But still there is power on the green line coming towards trim switch.

With disconnected battery I started to measure out where the green cable shows up back at the engine, it comes out of the main cable just before the multi pole electrical plug male part.
Tracking by multi meter resistance measuring I found out that it goes to the center pin in this main male cable multi pin contact and it also comes out just before the multi pin contact and connects to the relay for down trim, following this line from the female side of the multi pin main contact I found out that it does go to a 20A fuse and then to the 12V terminal.
The red line comes out at the same place but is not connected inside to the male part of the multi pin contact.
Both these cables goes around to the other side of the motor and into the two up/down relay’s that powers the trim motor. Since the green one has positive 12v all the time the trim motor can be run up or down by switching those two cables so one or the other relay get the 12 v. Trim switch not involved.

Trim motor works up and down.
Both relays work since I can run the trim motor up and down.
Trim switch disconnected all the way back at the engine.
What is wrong with my trim system?
Why is there continuously 12v on the green cable going to one of the trim motor relays and to one side of the just now disconnected trim switch? Making the relay pull and starting the trim motor.
Sure would appreciate some help here.

Main cable with multi pin contact in motor compartment comes from the controller Forward/reverse/trim.
There seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with the multi pin contact on main cable from controller.
I just do not understand this problem. I have taken of the protective covers off all the cable bundles in the engine compartment and examined them for damage but found nothing. Cleaned everything up and put it back together.
Still same problem.
Help Please.