Building a network, want to make sure Im not missing somthing

rogers954

Cadet
Ok so on my 1978 Hustler pro I am getting ready to finish up my electrical add-ons for the new lowrance units I'm putting in. Electrical is definitely not my strong skill, I have no problems wiring things up that's easy for me to get right, I just want to make sure I am building a network that is safe (wont destroy my electronics) and functional. All of this is only temporary until this fall when the boat is getting gutted and a full deck build is on the drawing plans so my electrical will be redone and everything will be routed and hidden all pretty like. So I have 2 lowrance HDS 7's connected on a NMEA 2000 network, I just bought a blue seas systems ST Blade fuse block with 12 circuits, and I am thinking about adding a perko switch because I am being told that the NMEA 2000 will draw power even when the units themselves are turned off. So basically I will try to build a flow path of what I have and if I am missing something please let me know

Battery - 12 AWG Wire - Perko switch - 12 AWG wire - ST Blade fuse block - 3 wires running off of block all on 3amp fuses (1, NMEA Cable 2, Lowrance HDS7 at console 3, Lowrance HDS7 at bow.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Thanks