Glastron 97 - Electrical Issue

Hi all,

This weekend I was on the water and I beached the boat, killed the engine and went to trim my motor all the way up. All of the sudden I had no power to any of my electronics. No blower, pump, lights, trim, horn. The only electronics that did work were my stereo and GPS. The stereo and GPS are wired directly to the battery. The others run through the starter somehow which I don’t understand. I tested the battery and have a full charge. Starter has 12.6 volts to it, but when I tested the smaller post near the positive terminal on the starter I got 0 volts. Picture attached. Also, I tested this relay that is near the starter and it shows 75 ohms when I touch the contacts. Isn’t that high? Picture of the relay attached.

I tested the resistance through the starter and it was less than one ohm.

Any advice on where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo294595.jpg
    photo294595.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo294596.jpg
    photo294596.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Update: I didn’t realize the accessories had a seperaye positive cable which was busted off... I’m an accountant give me a break!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Even accountants can learn. LOL

For future reference, the power doesn't go through the starter. The stud is convenient place to connect power to the starter and accessories not wired directly to the battery.

Glad you got her fixed. Still have weekend time to go boating. :D