Motor guide deploy/stow issues

Themckinney

Recruit
Hey guys, new to the forum. I've been searching the internet trying to find a solution to my problem but no luck.

The issue I'm having is my trolling motor won't lock when deployed or stowed. The locking pins move freely by hand. Every time I deploy or stow it I have to move the pins by hand to lock it. It's obvious that something is broken but I can't seem to find any repair parts or how to's to fix the problem. It looks like the locking pins are inside of the bracket that is only open in the front and back so I don't even see where I can get to them in the first place. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Motor guide
Pro tour 75 lb thrust

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iboats, Themckinney.

Can't speak for that model specifically, but those pins should be spring loaded. Guessing spring is broken or hanging up.

You should be able to look up a parts diagram here if you have the serial number.

boats dot net/parts/search/Merc2/Motorguide/parts.html

Themckinney

Recruit
Thanks for your reply Roscoe! I was assuming it was spring loaded as well but unfortunately I couldn't find any other information or part number on it. I'll have to grab the serial number later and check it out. Thanks again!