TR-1 gold auto pilot

mazzen66

Seaman Apprentice
replaced the cylinder and hoses and pump. did everything by the book instructions and motor still still does not turn.any suggestions. the cylinder is hard to move in and out by hand,could there be a blockage in the pump?

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Is this a new install or just started having problems?

mazzen66

Seaman Apprentice
not a new install ,it started with the cylinder leaking last summer,so i quit using the boat. bought new cylinder and installed it and still not working ,so i bought a new pump assemble and hoses and installed all bled system ,but the motor will not move.seems like when i move the motor by hand its tough. right hose to the right side of cylinder and left hose to the left part of cylinder. Thank you for the help if any suggestions.seems like when the cylinder is pushed in tough to pull out same the other way around.

alldodge

Staff member

mazzen66

Seaman Apprentice
problem solved ! Thanks to portland marine electronics,The staff was very kind and new their product well. every thing done over the phone.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Great, could you say what was for the next guy who has a similar problem?

mazzen66

Seaman Apprentice
of course , when hooking up the TR-1 gold pump assembly ,be sure when hooking up the pump and motor wiring make sure ,black to white ,and white to black on the pump. when hooking the pump up it looks as if it should be black to black and white to white,but it is the other way around. what a relief to talk to a tech at portland marine electronics went over every step with me.And thanks for your help on iboats.