Time to get it wired 61 evinrude 75hp #50525

utah skipper

Recruit
I have almost completed the restoration on my 1960 Glasspar Marathon, that has a 61 75hp Evinrude on it. I want to add a restored Airguide Tach, a horn, plus one additional dash switch for future and a lighter / phone port. It had a switch for front and rear light that was originally there, plus the temp overheat indicator and of course the ignition switch. (the ignition switch has 5 poles) also No Choke switch at dash has auto choke.

The harness from the engine to the junction box contain eight wires. I need to understand what wires 4 through 8 are to understand, I hope how to wire the system.

two of the eight wires are extra and are not attached to anything at engine. They only have about 8 inches inside for attachment. Terminating inside distribution box.
3) 4 gauge Red Positive- from starter to solenoid, back left post, back right post attaches to positive from battery.
4) 4 gauge Black Negative from nut at head block joining the battery line on the stud inside box.
5) 12 gauge Ground attaches to carburetor manifold bolt and goes? and does?
6) 12 gauge From safety switch at top of magneto (1/2 by 1&1//2 inch red box) joining inside box, the solenoid, front left post .
7) 12 gauge From temperature switch out of power head a line that runs through box and is currently attached to the temp over heat light.
8) 12 gauge line out of the side of the distributor running through box and onto the dash????

Wires 5 through 8 what does each do and are the two attached correct? solenoid and hot light? if those are correct, but do other things as well, what else. Off the solenoid front Right is that live positive so to say regulated power that i would run to dash? Are there two sources of power, direct from the battery or so to say regulated power through the solenoid? Power only through the solenoid to the switch and it determines if its running off the battery always on for a pump,lights and horn when the engine is not running?

Also my tack is labeled one side as "Ground" and the other as "Trigger"? is trigger coming from the distributor? safety switch? from the solenoid? .... and the "ground"...is that to engine block or is that to Negative battery connection? the tach has two additional wires coming out red and white, to power a light built in.

Also no clue on grounding or fuse protection, i think the horn and possibly others may require?

ignition switch
#1, At 3 o'clock, 2 pole to one terminal, labeled "BAT" across both, at 3 o'clock.
#2, 6 o'clock terminal black labeled "M"
#3, 7.5 o'clock terminal white labeled "S"
#4, 9 o'clock terminal red labeled "A"
#5, 1 o'clock black labeled "M"

Any and all help would be huge!!!! I can rewire a house but no clue on DC