Minn Kota Power Drive Wireless

redneckpunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ive got an older model PowerDrive 24v unit on my boat and I delayed in purchasing and installing the wireless remote sytem and now Im finding its no longer available for this model, as of about 18mo ago. They still make the wireless system for the Power Drive 2 units but Ive been told the plugs and wiring are different. Has anyone run into this and know how difficult the rewiring to match the two is? Ive searched high and low for the one for my motor, figuring somewhere out there there must be one or two stashed on a shelf but with no luck.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would check ebay or secondary re-sellers such as amazon

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
^^^^ Yup...
Picked up a second boat end of last year, and it had the Power Drive Legacy on it too.
The foot pedal kicked the bucket, and can't find those either..
Thought about the copilot, and there are some available on ebay or amazon type sites.

A bit pricey though..

Decided I'm going to build a control box for it and use that till I can replace the trolling motor with a newer model.
That'll give me time to shake down the new boat as well before spending too much on it yet..

Point is, they're out there.. There are few, but they're there...
I found my best result when using the search term "PowerDrive LEGACY"...
If that helps..

Edit: As for the wiring, I have the schematic and pinouts for the legacy, but not the V2..
There are 2 different power feeds in the flat plug connector, a 12V and a switched 3.9V..
While it might work fine, I wouldn't try wiring a V2 accessory to Legacy without confirming it's the same and/or can handle it.
They may have changed the circuitry in a V2..

Last edited: