Trim?

drdetroit3

Cadet
I have a 1995 Mercury 125, fishing the other day the motor started to trim up while off, I needed to disconnect the battery to stop, got back to launch reconnected the wire trimmed motor down and drove home. After a bit came out motor trim all the way up and did not stop had to disconnect the battery again then motor would not trim up?. Went to service they gave me a new up trim solenoid/relay, installed new part all worked fine, came back later motor was trimmed up and kept running, pump was very hot? Any ideas what it could be? trim switch at motor or console?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Replacing the most expensive part first is usually what NOT to do. Always check the easiest and cheapest things first to either verify they are good or not. Then move on to the next level. In your case, Disconnect ONE of the two switches and see if the problem goes away. If it does, replace/clean sand out of the switch. If not, connect it again and repeat the process with the other switch. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, check the wiring for pinched wires.