1989 Evinrude 140 hp wiring

Jmitch1102

Seaman
Does anyone have the wiring schematics for a 89 Evinrude 140 hp? I just purchased one and it has a single red wire that comes from one of the terminals under the power pack and ran into the inside of the boat. It was connected to a small squat box with 2 terminals on it. The box was not connected to anything else tho. The previous owner wrecked the boat and started to remove wiring from the inside of the boat. It could have been connected to something previously. When I can figure out how to post pictures I will upload a few of the wire and square box. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
I just purchased one and it has a single red wire that comes from one of the terminals under the power pack and ran into the inside of the boat. It was connected to a small squat box with 2 terminals on it. The box was not connected to anything else tho. The previous owner wrecked the boat and started to remove wiring from the inside of the boat.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Sounds like the Po added whatever it is yer seein',....

You should be able to post pictures now, with yer 4th post,...

Jmitch1102

Seaman
Thank you! I was able to locate a diagram from that site. I will post a picture of the box it was connected to next time I make it back to the garage. I would like to know what the square box is called and it?s function,

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
Go to the Forum Rules and Guidelines (2 clicks back), click and read the Tutorial.