CALLING ALL Force 15 HP OWNERS!!!! - Kill Switch Question

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys, I just bought a 1990 Force 15 HP Motor. It has a lanyard style 'clip on' with wrist strap on the left side (I have that part) and on the right side it had another kill switch that has been broken off. All I can see inside are two contacts. So I looked up the part, (see pic,) and can't find it anywhere. No problem, it probably cost too much any ways, I will improvise, BUT... I need to know if this is this a push n hold kill switch or a click on - click offkill switch? Anybody know for sure
Thanks in advance!
Push n Hold Kill Switch - Copy.JPG

NYBo

Admiral
It would seem from the wiring diagram that any SPST switch would work, momentary contact or not. If you go with a non-momentary contact switch, get one that indicates what position it's in or you could end up doing a lot of pulling on the starter cord before realizing it's in the kill position.

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It would seem from the wiring diagram that any SPST switch would work, momentary contact or not.
I agree. I just wanted confirmation as to what it was before I tinker with it. If it was momentary (which I'm almost certain it was,) I want to put that style back on.
Thank you NYBo.

NYBo

Admiral
Yes, the original was almost definitely a momentary contact push button, normally open.