mercruiser smart craft trim sender unit, analog to digital? 8M0107462

eddiejaimes

Cadet
Good morning, I have a cobalt 302 with twin 6.2 Horizon, We added 2 smartcraft gauges, A mercruiser gateway and a Garmin 741xs, I can see all systems from the engines in the gps and the smartcraft gauges but the trim. I was told i needed to change the pigtail in the back of the engine from the analog to the digital pigtail ( orange and white) so I did and did not work. I called Mercury and off course they told me I had the wrong sensors, I needed smart craft trim sending unit [FONT=&quot]8M0107462[/FONT] , So i bought 2 of the digital smartcraft trim sending units , the ones that have a white, blue and red wire. We have it changed ( mayor pain since the boat is on a lift and I have no trailer, have to rent one, take it to shop and then back ) . I then called mercury for guidance since there is only 2 vs 3 wires.. My question, does anyone know the wire meaning of the trim sender? Im guessing power, ground and sensor? I'm trying to avoid tkae the sensor back out since they were expensive and not easy to get to .

thanks !

alldodge

Staff member
I have one of those on my HP transom and tried tto get it connected thru a Merc A/D converter and it didn't work either, but I'm all analog. But to your question, in most all cases the smartcraft monitor needs to be told its there. The connection wiring I have found is below, and note the comment about connectors b and f, which canno be both used.

Trim Digital smartcraft.jpg