HDS 8 GEN 1 and Gen 2 Gen 1 is fine but Gen 2 reboots if I give it a little gas..

OUcatfish

Recruit
Have a 2007 Tracker V 18 TOURNAMENT with HDS GEN 1 front trolling motor and HDS GEN 2 steering wheel/cockpit... bought the boat year and in great shape. I could open it up and both units were fine.. I had to change the main battery a couple weeks ago.. and the first time I took it out .. it was rocking and rolling on the lake and it was just rebooting anytime I gave it gas. front unit HDS GEN 1 is fine.. I read that I should take it's power off the main battery so I rerouted the power and negative to one of the outer 2 batteries.. Took it out toady and it's still rebooting. So I assume there has to be a short....

here is another possibility.. there is a vinyl hose running under the dash and my WATER PRESSURE PSI gauge isn't working and there is like a water hose leaking on my foot so I assume there is a hose leak and I will look at that and fix that. So I don't if something is getting wet from that and that is causing a issue.

but that number 1 to fix beside testing the (FUEL SENDING UNIT) which is another prob I am having... unreal.. Boats are money pits.. but I love my money pit when I am hauling a 50 pound flathead in the boat..

So if someone can give me a idea if they have has something similar..

Thank you

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
My money is on a bad power connector at the back of the unit.

Swap the units to see if the problem follows the head unit or stays with the mating connector