Two battery switches

Riegfrghtl

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just purchased a new to me 1995 Maxum 2700 scr. I have a question concerning the wiring of the battery switches. The problem I am having or maybe I don't, is that I am trying to figure out the wiring for my two battery switches. Both are guest switches. I believe the port switch starts port motor and runs cockpit 12 volt system. Starboard switch starts starboard motor and runs interior cabin systems. I have only two batteries hooked up. One to each switch! I inherited this from previous owner. I have found the third 0 gauge wire not hooked up, coming out of the starboard switch. I am assuming this is for a second house battery! My concern is that the cockpit 12 v system will always run off the port side thus draining the cranking battery since it's not a deep cycle. Am I correct or am I missing something! Thank you in advance for your help!

alldodge

Staff member
If it is connected as you say then you are correct. Sounds like you need three batteries, which includes one house bat. Then add a switch to combine the house and start incase it is needed to start the motor. This is a simple for one engine and two batteries. See if I can gen up what I'm thinking about for you

Two Bat one switch.jpg

Riegfrghtl

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

I beginning to think it's wired something like this!! Figure next to bottom. Trying to figure out 3rd battery!

Attachments

• photo259993.PNG
    photo259993.PNG
    193.6 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
If it is connected as you say then you are correct. Sounds like you need three batteries, which includes one house bat. Then add a switch to combine the house and start incase it is needed to start the motor. This is a simple for one engine and two batteries. See if I can gen up what I'm thinking about for you

Two Eng 3 bank.jpg