1987 sea ray sundancer blower not getting power?

OHfishing

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yesterday I went to use my engine blower and it would not turn on. I assumed the blower was shot and I removed it. Just for the heck of it before I went to West Marine to purchase a new blower I touched the wires to the battery and the blower came on. I checked the fuses in the fuse box behind the dashboard from the access panel from the bathroom and checked 2 inline fuses near the battery, I'm not sure what they are for but I checked them anyway. I found no bad fuses in either location. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? Am I missing some fuse somewhere? Is there a fuse inside the switch? I'm attaching a photo of the dashboard to show what kind of switches I have.

Thanks to anyone who helps me

Attachments

• photo250095.jpg
    photo250095.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
OHfishing, note the color of the wires that connected to the blower.
Using a volt meter, check for voltage between the 2 wires that were on the blower with the switch on. Should be 12Volts. If not, check voltage on each to a known good ground ( like battery ---- ). One should be 12, the other 0. We are checking for both 12 volts on the + wire ( from switch on console) and ground.

Now, under the console (dash) check for voltage ( again with blower switch on) on both sides of the switch and the fuse/cb that is there. Check between each of the 4 connectors and a known good ground. This will check the power in the dash ( console)
It should be 12 volts at each point.

Report back on your findings.

What engine do you have?