Question About Mixing Hbird, Lowrance and Garmin Transducers

juliolop

Seaman
hi fellas
this could sound a little weird.
I need your opinion.
my boat Stingray 20' has a Huminbird sonar HD 600 and a fishfinder Lowrance so I have two sensors in my transom one each side, now I purchased a Garmin GPS sonar combo, another sensor, my question is witch one do you recommend to remove ? or you think I had to add it ?
thanks

gm280

Supreme Mariner
juliolop, that is a good question. And the answer really depends of a couple things.

First, what frequencies do those units transmit and receive on? If they are on the exact same frequencies, then that goes a long ways to solving this. Next, how does the different transducers connect to their respective head units? If they attach using the same type connections, then you could use the same one with different units.

Transducers are merely the "antenna" for the head units. And they can be used IF the head unit transmits and receives on the same frequency that the transducer works on. There are after market transducers that the only thing they change is the head unit connector depending on the head unit to be able to work for different type locators. Hope that helps.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
My first question is why do you need or want all three?

What model Garmin?

If any of the units support side or down scan . If any of them utilize CHIRP", the chances of compatibility is nil.