No electrical power on starboard side of boat

tobra100

Seaman Apprentice
Pulled my 1989 Sea Ray 30Ft Weekender into my well And plugged the power cord in. Apprx, 4 days, I went back to the boat and tried to start it, and the whole starboard side is totally dead. I tried to trouble shoot a little (battery cables, Made sure the toggle switch above the key was on, ) But still nothing. None of the gauges turn on on that side. Any Thoughts?

Ray Gibraltar Mi.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Ok, I assume it's a dual setup. The port motor works fine? Is there separate batteries for each engine? Either the battery is shot or dead from something. Or you lost a connection somewhere along the way. I know some do not have a separate battery for running bilge pumps and stuff, so if yours don't, it could have went dead from a draw. It's also pretty easy to miss hooking up a wire for a charger or power also. Start at the battery, make sure it's good, and clean all connections as you go. Also, check for power right at the ignition switch itself, they do wear out and do similar things.

tobra100

Seaman Apprentice
I also neglected to say that the bilge Blower is dead also I couldnt find any circuit breaker on the motor, could it be different on in boards?

Im going down to troubleshoot a little deeper, will keep posted. I was also advised that the battery switch could also be bad.

tobra100

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks. It turned out to be the battery.Replaced two batteries, and its working fine

tobra100

Seaman Apprentice
UPDATE.. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A SHOT BATTERY. I replaced two batteries and it works fine Thank You guys