1994 Wellcraft 18 Fish Wiring Color Code?

justmike65

Cadet
My brother and I are trying to figure out why we have no power to some accessories at the helm, such as: radio, fish finder, courtesy lights and bilge pump, but the engine will turn over and the trim operates. All fuses on the panel are okay, so I imagine it will be a circuit, connection or faulty wire. I saw the generic wiring diagram in a few posts, but I have not been able to find anything about the actual Wire Color Code and Numbering System and/or schematic for our boat. I do not mind paying for it, if anyone knows of a source.

Thanks!

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
Welcome to iBoats

Are they wired to the keyswitch? if key position is set to Run, do any accessories work

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
OK do all your accessories turn on while the boat is running or even when running they don't turn on

justmike65

Cadet
Haven't tried with the engine running. About to try that. The only thing that does come on is the voltage meter. I thought I should amend my previous comment...

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok the question was to find out if your accessories were connected to ignition power. Silvertip has a very good post about the issue if you search "wellcraft wiring". Most wiring diagrams come from the motor and not the boat so you just need to find your motor type and colour codes and you will have your next steps. When you click on the electrical forum there is a sticky that says Diagrams. All your codes and schematics will be in there. You have to trace your wires back to where they are connected

justmike65

Cadet
All the posts I saw from him had a place for a photo, but no photo. Whomever was hosting the images either moved them or deleted them.