New build crackerbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: New build crackerbox

For the seats I used 1/4 ply and a layer 1/4 mahogany, the back has 2" foam and the seat has 4"

I cut the foam a bit bigger than the board and then stapled it to the edge to give it a rounded shape.

The fabric was cut 3" bigger than the board and stapled on.

The seat foam was too thick to staple a curve in so I cut it away bit by bit till I got it close enough.

The sides and prop shaft still have to be covered also the back of the seat will be a little bit higher when fixed in place. If all goes well I might take her down to Lough Ree on the 20th for a test run, mark out the waterline and fill the leaks.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let's get ready to rumble. :D Not quite finished but I have to take her for a little test run.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cheers guys .. Bob_VT as far as the wife knows we will never do more than 50 MPH

The launch went well and the boat ran great up to 40 MPH then she started proposing so I may have to add a few wedges to act as trim tabs, she sat well in the water and level with my water line "shame it was the top of my waterline" I will try and get a video up later.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is a little taste of what it was like.

Sean-Nos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gave her a name and added some trim tabs hopefully they with the porpoising. Roll on the spring :laugh:

Well that's about it for this build it's been fusstrating, painful, educational but most of all fun
smile.gif
The Glen-L plans were very easy to work with for a novice like me and with all the internet forums like this one the knowledge is out there to make building a dream boat like mine possible for all, so don't just dream about it go for it you will never know till you try.
I'm off to have some fun
laugh.gif

jbcurt00

Staff member

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Went to his link, still looking as we speak. They have found a bunch of other vessels, just not his....

Status
Not open for further replies.