Building an O/B motor stand - Instructional

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh4winn79

Cadet
I have decided to put together some detailed information on my o/b motor stand. My hope is that my documentation will help all those DIY newbie?s find some direction for getting started. I am a drafter by trade and just love to draw things in detail. I have included 11x17 prints of my motor stand that include a pictorial view, assembly directions and a parts layout.

I am new to the whole boat restoration scene and have found so many helpful tips throughout the web and thought I might be able to contribute also. I couldn?t find any detailed instructions on how to build your own motor stand, but I did find plenty of pictures of stands people had built. This stand is fairly inexpensive and seems to be really strong.

I used [4] 2x4x96, [1] 2x6x96, [4] 3in casters (175 lbs capacity), [16] 5/16x1 lag screws and approximately [60] 2 1/2in deck screws. It took me about 3 tries to get one that I really liked and so my prints or of my final product. I have a 1979 Chrysler 55hp O/B sitting on it and my stand seems to be holding up nicely. I really hope all of this helps and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.;)

http://cid-8a54563347d2705e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Outboard Stand Rev A.pdf

Here are some Pics:

First attempt:
IMG_3627.jpg

Got some help from my kids:
IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

Final stand after modifications made:
IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.