Glen-L WB Power Skiff Build

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Sounds like you have been busy! Its a little usual to see cans in a shop, I was wondering why you went that direction. Keep up the good work! and I have some plugs that need terminated in the Hangar if you get bored! :D

zool

Captain
Sounds like you have been busy! Its a little usual to see cans in a shop, I was wondering why you went that direction. Keep up the good work! and I have some plugs that need terminated in the Hangar if you get bored! :D

Thanks Arch, yeah, there is a method to my madness. The way the ceiling joists are sistered for the 36' clear span, there are only a few areas that are 24" spacing to fit the florescent fixtures flush mounted. They are the centers of the (3) 12 x 20 work areas.The rest of the joist spacing is 22 1/2" so no fit. So I ran the down lights over all the counter areas and in the hall areas at 4' spacing. I wanted flush mount lighting because the ceiling is only 8' and ive broke a few bulbs over my head swinging boards in the past lol.

Plus they will look good in the pine planking ;)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Figured it was something like that. woodworking projects are good at taking out surface mounted light fixtures......just keep looking down till the glass quits falling lol:D

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Figured it was something like that. woodworking projects are good at taking out surface mounted light fixtures......just keep looking down till the glass quits falling lol:D
I've lost track of how many times I have had to do that...usually followed by several choice phrases which I shall not repeat here.:mad2:

zool

Captain
Update:

Finally got the hull all sanded again.

y4mVlRceFmnHJL_nxm-RoWSg551SO9hInd7uGxmx4-gwfpQG-LLx8ONrxrYgoUpilqy7soBwlB5BkLkmHsz1Dnvjeb1XpKZHMLUylbOQM6Etrxy299gDPi8s26nROQlyx37cjnqJVr3UnmHYWSUXzWPHiH5lxMaQouuhDyP-LgojvgO3klGjKZKBVkefKSt1IUY0UfSYOFVbe6Hg_M9D6nS9Q

y4mPmg72E436goWuzPTZAaXHWwv8Kgs5ojk2VFAijhVjedfRlgru_UGQ3oTISHc2L9tPiXmElccA5L_LKq6i4TAt3MmYo5Za-T3hEhFlplmQGWcCXj-xgrpvwFx3WwaGDCsSOzv_xHjmaZPiKc80vTGs16QcG2bq9RGqY_6ATzYHLMt1IiozkME9j8ryL305AtuetC1GRrQHnyZzxafpX3MbA

Then I tinted some resin and put on a barrier coat. I decided to use tinted resin in place of the DPLF, because I need that for another project. I plan to give it a final fair over the 1st coat of resin with tinted filler, then a few more coats and a final sanding before the build primer.

y4mBp2HdhzzTk_f0XQ1rer4sG-TrBQHGRjoicfxUV5Tb0ypZdWZ_45omwH8-rLcebqG2A50d__Ho1lbj8ciRZHDNz3cLXCWatQSWU6Niu7QUl_bxL6WOzNNof9HTmuDGjeIjP2kOcCY89gEsi-dW21mYw8pLn-ml0lIhusZYiMtBumtHD3s_H_to8xqLSJAVsWjTtRU_BaTmr8Bo6xx-K4fqA

y4mO_6Q_F31IOC4RJvWIGiu4gdAVujpjhqgCRUv7ueOeipVX52JFzhIiLz_-OVDN9C5POh_004JfDCpmBodgGPyfE22wwk-N_01PbXqN2Zi0FdPrBwQjqqccA6aAznz2_-V2APLSnQVtDciV3b5v0DskEYtKEF4ioZ_gVpYrzRW9VDdvBTsS8KB1pUdbF1pSaCRojJzS8dAwTv6etWI-lOdJg

Its too cold to paint now anyway, so I may as well keep fairing. Still need some shaping on the nose too.

zool

Captain
Thanks guys, temps are headed in the wrong direction next week, hoping to at least finish fairing, any maybe pre drill for the hardware.

zool

Captain
Have you made progress this summer?
Cheers

Not much pcola, I did move the boat and cradle to my spray area, but im still bogged down with farm work, pay the bills work, and house work ;)

Im hoping to get the primer sprayed this month, and maybe the white bottom coat. Then I can flip it back over and finish the wood work.

The admiral says I have to finish siding the house before I can play with my toys.