"Save The Manatee "

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Kc , I ain't quite through grinding yet so there's still time to add a few extra vent holes ... :lol:
Lisa , Here I am scratchin sand knats and grinding fiberglass while your out depleting the worlds fish supply . :mmph:
Don't blame ya a bit though ! I knew ya couldn't stay out of the salt for very long ! :fish2: :joyous:
Hope I catch more than a sunburn on our trip ... :D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sam,
Do you recognise this guy? Ouch.........

ys-SandGnat.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Seen some mighty big ones .. Not sure if it,s the same species though ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Actually the larger they are the easier to shoot them out of the sky like skeet. All you have to do is call "pull" before shooting them or it doesn't count... "facepalm"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Back in town and somewhat rested ! :rolleyes:
Sorry no fish pics .. Only had 2 bites the whole time .. Lisa i could have used your expertise !
Did get a few pics though ..
Us leaving the house ..

When you see the 6 foot tall chicken you have reached your destination ..

Very nice accommodations .. Hot tub and gas grill on the back deck ..

Covered boat slip 6 bucks a day and worth every penny !

Some lunch at the bar ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
View down the river ..

Sunset just before dinner ...

We had a great time ! Weather could have been better .. Had quite a bit of rain .. Cleared up on the day we had to leave .. :rolleyes:

zool

Captain
Looks like good times in that inviting cottage Sam, and that little pup really wants a chip!!

Theres a reason they call it "fishing".....a skunked trip just means thay weren't biting lol ;)

That sunset is priceless...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks nice and doesn't it always seem to go that way, the rain stops when you are leaving. Either way, getting away from everything for a few days is at worst a great deal. And give that little dog some food. He looks like he/she wants some. If they made chickens that tall, buffalo wings would be huge... ::high5:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Rain or Shine, Fish or no Fish.....The Pics say it all. A Kodak Moment.
Does anyone even use Kodak anymore? ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Zool, really was hoping to catch something but we had a blast anyway .. A trolling motor would have been a big help but I could not get myself to mount one on the bow of the MFG and there aint no room on the transom for one ... Thats why I,m saving the Manatee .. She will be set up just for fishing ! ;)
gm, The pup "Lilly" I swear gets treated better than me ! :lol: And I,m thinking those would Buffalo Wings might be a bit tough ta chew !
Kc, I guess they still use Kodak .... I'm still trying to figure out my GoPro ! :confused:
tnstra, I know it was relaxing for the Admiral .. She spent most of the time in the hot tub ! And the MFG sure gets a lot of attention . I don,t think I have ever been out with her where someone didn't come up and ask about it ... Many times people sitting at traffic lights getting me to roll down the window to chat about it .. I have to admit that's a pretty cool feeling ! :cool:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Back to the Manatee .... I gotta get her under some cover to start any glassing ... Still pondering that ... Seeing as I only paid 30 bucks for it I will be putting a little money into the rebuild . So I stopped by seacast on the way back from down state and picked up enough seacast for the stringers and transom .. The way I see it this should be the only fishing boat I will ever need for the area I live . So no worries on any of the structure ever rotting again ... That is unless I hit the lottery or something ... :rolleyes:
Gotta get a pretty blue bass boat splashed for a couple of nice ladies then It,s gunna be full steam ahead on the Manatee !!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Back to the Manatee .... I gotta get her under some cover to start any glassing ... Still pondering that ... Seeing as I only paid 30 bucks for it I will be putting a little money into the rebuild . So I stopped by seacast on the way back from down state and picked up enough seacast for the stringers and transom .. The way I see it this should be the only fishing boat I will ever need for the area I live . So no worries on any of the structure ever rotting again ... That is unless I hit the lottery or something ... :rolleyes:
Gotta get a pretty blue bass boat splashed for a couple of nice ladies then It,s gunna be full steam ahead on the Manatee !!

Ha sphelps, you need to hurry up and post more pictures so I know what to do next with mine... :facepalm:

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Samuel....some days are just meant to be relaxin'...not worryin' about fishin' or catchin'...that looks beautiful!! Those are the times you fish with a bare hook cause it would be a shame to mess up that peace and tranquility with a flopping, stinky critter. You can fish later...enjoy sunsets like those. I can concur on the feeling you get when somebody asks about your boat. Almost every trip to the boat ramp somebody's making a fuss over the boat...like driving a classic car, I guess. I know I would be askin' about the mfg if I pulled up next to ya!! Glad you had a good time....and got some materials for future resto use...