"Save The Manatee "

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I just wish the weather would stay one way or the other. One day we get mid to upper 60's, the next day not out of the 40's or less. Either way it gets really hard to get much of anything done when you are wanting upper 60's to 70's for a few days so you can paint and poly things. Funny how now I got all the materials I need to work on my Tom Boy boat project, but now the weather is the issue...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep gm thats how it goes ! Good news is daylight savings time is just around the corner !

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
And a Big darn Thank you for that! [h=2]
lifeinslowlane1.png

Benjamin Franklin,George Vernon Hudson, William Willett,[/h] [h=2]DST first used in Europe, History of DST in the United States,[/h] [h=2]?War Time? in the U.S.[/h] Year-round DST, also called ?War Time?, was in force during World War II, from February 9, 1942 to September 30, 1945. The change was implemented 40 days after the bombing of Pearl Harbor and during this time, the U.S. time zones were called ?Eastern War Time?, ?Central War Time?, and ?Pacific War Time?. After the surrender of Japan in mid-August 1945, the time zones were relabeled ?Peace Time?.
Britain applied ?Double Summer Time? during World War II by setting the clocks two hours ahead ofGMT during the summer and one hour ahead of GMT during the winter.

Just some cool info...

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/history.html

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I just wish the weather would stay one way or the other. One day we get mid to upper 60's, the next day not out of the 40's or less. Either way it gets really hard to get much of anything done when you are wanting upper 60's to 70's for a few days so you can paint and poly things. Funny how now I got all the materials I need to work on my Tom Boy boat project, but now the weather is the issue...

I figure we have about 6 more weeks before we start to see daily night time temps above freezing. Right now our historical daily high is 29 and the low is 14. Forecast high for the next 5 days is 19 today, 8 tomorrow and 3 for Thurs. So enjoy your 60's!! I'm waiting patiently.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Kc , that was interesting .. I really didn't know how DLS was first started or why ..
bonz_d , We got our coming ! Gunna be pretty chilly around here the next few days .. I't raining and in the 40's right now .. :rain::pout:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I'll be down in 8 days, please arrange for some 65-75F weather in the Daytona~Orlando~Tampa corridor for about 8days :)

'Preciate it ;)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Man, I disappear for a few months and all my old friends are still gluttons for punishment... Grinding away :)

While the manatee does have a few "prop scars" on her, I think she can be saved. Could turn into the perfect little flats boat. Build her out light and you can push pole around the skinny water.

Good to see you on another project, and hopefully I'll be able to follow along.

Take care,

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Man, I disappear for a few months and all my old friends are still gluttons for punishment... Grinding away :)

While the manatee does have a few "prop scars" on her, I think she can be saved. Could turn into the perfect little flats boat. Build her out light and you can push pole around the skinny water.

Good to see you on another project, and hopefully I'll be able to follow along.

Take care,

Glad your still lurking around Pm ! Hope everything is well !
Yep the grinding is punishment but when I pull that first nice big red out of the creek I will have already forgotten about the itch ! ;)
Been thinking about a poling platform .. I may wait and see how she drafts in the water first and add one later . I've never really used one before . I will be adding a trolling motor for sure .. Can't wait to start the design part ! It should be fun !

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Careful there, buddy...I once went on a boat with a poling platform...as I recall, it was a graceful fall, but a fall nonetheless!!! Now that would have made good tv!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OHHHHH Water Pole Vaulting. Is that in the Olympics???? Maybeeeee....

Last edited:

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
How would you go about building the platform with stainless legs or just a fiberglassed box

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Careful there, buddy...I once went on a boat with a poling platform...as I recall, it was a graceful fall, but a fall nonetheless!!! Now that would have made good tv!!!

I would watch that TV!:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
:pound:Woody I just envisioned myself getting about half way and stopping and heading back where I jumped from ..
Lisa It's only graceful when no one sees you do it ! :rolleyes:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
How would you go about building the platform with stainless legs or just a fiberglassed box

Hmmmm not quite sure . I think I could buy something already made then adapt it to the boat ..
Just thinking if I really need one ...

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well sure you need one it will look like your going to catch those big reds even if you dont

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Been pretty busy at work lately .. Almost finished with with the 24 bed patient room build out I've been working on .. now they want us to do about half of another floor in the same hospital ...
I did get to do some more grinding on the Manatee today .. Looking forward to getting back at it and getting the grinding over with .
Grinding hasn't changed much .... It's still no fun at all ! :violin:
Got a trip planed down south in 2 weeks . Me the Admiral , sil ,and daughter .. The MFG is tagging along also ... :joyous:

zool

Captain
A road trip, with the boat tagging behind sounds great!..you have to take a break once in a while, so you don't end up in one of those beds! ;)