1979 Borum Bobcat ski boat restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Daniel,
You couldn't have said it better! If it's not one thing it's another. You'll figure it out. Have to do the same thing come spring hopefully. :mad-new: Can't wait!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
:pound:Luckily I did have enough room under my stand to slide the lift legs under .. Good thing because I did the same as you . The stand wheels and lift wheels are the same distance apart .. Was able to lower the motor but still about 4" off center . :twitch: Had to take a crow bar and kinda nudge it over to the center with just a little weight still on it ... :watermelon:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow, makes me glad that I only have a little 50 on mine. My son and I just pick it up and put it on the boat...BUT your way sounds like much more fun :rolleyes:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I used a 3/8" x 6" Lag Screw Eye bolt and screwed it into my Garage Header. Tilted the Motor up and the trailer too. My 85 HP Johnson Had a built in Lift Ring.
Bought a 500# Hoist from HF for $40 and some 8" pneumatic casters $8 ea, on sale for the Motor Stand. Easy Smeazy.

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry Wood, your way may have been easier, but like Nurseman said, Sphelps and I had a lot more fun. :D Everyone needs a little excitement once in awhile. :laugh:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Compression numbers on the 175 ... 105 , 104 , 105 , 102 , 106 , 103 ....
Got the guys over in the J/E forum guiding me along cuss ya know I have a hard time keeping my lawn mower running much less an outboard .. :facepalm:

Daniel1947

Petty Officer 1st Class
I can't tell you about your engine, but those numbers aren't too bad on an older motor. I was running 120 to125 across all 6 cyls. on my Mercury 150HP V6 after I had ran her awhile after a rebuild. Ran a compression check just to have something for future reference.

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Those numbers are well with in the 10 percent range, a good de carb would probly bring the numbers up some, look over on the engine forums about doing a decarb

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys, picked up some gaskets for the bypass covers so now I can kinda put it back together and then start checking for spark ...

What do you think about a gangsta look H/T ? Or maybe more of a 007 look ... :D

Kinda silly huh ! :laugh:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks like a bad comb over :(

But if it keeps the H/T safe for topless cruising in the MFG, I dig it ;)

FYI: if I have to be topless to cruise in the MFG, be prepared to be stopped by harbor patrol :watermelon:

jbcurt00

Staff member
:laugh: :facepalm: :pound:
;) she don't keep me around for my looks, I'm just sayin' :D

It was either comb over or it looked like Barney Rubble hair:
798cd252350a1a9b5c61638ca9ad38b8.jpg

Last edited:

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
I think you need more bikes....hey I know somebody that does a pretty good job restoring old bikes!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Jb, If it was painted yella it would be the perfect Barney hair ! :D
H/T's been out in the yard neglected. Just had the idea to throw it on there for to see what it would look like ..

Lisa , all the bikes are from the "Hey lets get some exercise and go biking era " All fixable but not real high on the priority list ....
But if our bike restoration guru can take the time from depleting Florida's fish resources ,I can send em south ! :joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks guys, picked up some gaskets for the bypass covers so now I can kinda put it back together and then start checking for spark ...

What do you think about a gangsta look H/T ? Or maybe more of a 007 look ... :D

Kinda silly huh ! :laugh:

Add on a roll bar then you can pull fabric back like a convertible.

Status
Not open for further replies.