Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Arch, really looking great! You’ll get beaucoup compliments on her when she’s done!
Cheers!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I finally had a little time on the boat tonight. I cut out and fit the carpet for the back pockets.....just a lot of time consuming cuts and fitting. I didn't have enough glue to install them, need to pick up some glue tomorrow. After that it is install the seats and breakin the cam. If that all goes well, hopefully a splash next week sometime!

20180919_182738.jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
quick update, I glued in the carpet in the side pockets....then cut out the filberglass angles that I use to mount the seats. I located and glued one angle to the deck for each of the front seats (back seat angles are already installed.) Once those are dry tomorrow, I will screw the seats in place where they can't move and install 3 more for each seat.

20180922_143910.jpg20180922_170523.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Getting so close now I can see the wake at wot in my head cruising the lake !
I know you just getting over your case of nerves after the OT from yesterday but what ya got left on the punch list ?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Micky!

Sam, the punch list is down to running her on muffs and breaking in the cam.

I was just out looking at her, its been a LONG road, but she is a nice looking boat! Funny to step back and know you are almost ready for the splash after all the work! Lots of little details after the splash, but that is what winter is for! Thanks to all of you who have followed and commented!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
And Sam I was somewhat irritated last night, lol! But it is a W, and hopefully a learning lesson. Army for sure showed up to play, and almost beat us with OUR old playbook! But none of the players are old enough to remember when OU mastered the wishbone......when I was a kid, I remember thinking, what is a pass? LOL

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I can’t see anyone else in the running for the SOTY! That was a great almost finished photo. I can hardly wait to see her floating! Cheers

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Pcola.

Well tried to run her on muffs, no go. She would turn over but no spark. She did fire up for a second using my remote starter. I was trouble shooting things and my starter slave solenoid started acting up.....go figure. So I ordered another solenoid from Iboats. Not totally sure its bad but for 25$ probably wouldn't hurt to replace it. It still turns over fine on the remote starter.

As for the not firing, I think it might be the shift inter-lock switch. I replaced it, but I am wondering if it is adjusted correctly. It interrupts the ground on the coil, so no ground, no sparky. I may just bypass it and directly ground the coil once I get the starter solenoid. Or the smarter thing would probably be to test the circuit for continuity, if it is open, then that is most likely the issue

I think I may just wait for the new part, then tackle it Saturday morning when I am fresh. I am really tired...and frustrated, but we'll get there.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
now that I think about it, why would you have a shift interlock switch on the coil ground? The coil should be grounded no matter if the drive is in neutral or in gear. Clearly I am missing something. I am wondering if this has something to do with the pertronics unit I put in.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I got to thinking, the remote starter switch doesn't bypass the coil ground, so that can't be it......then it occured to me the wiring diagram shows the wire from the ignition switch to the coil to be a resister wire. I just jumped on to Pertronix site and it says to bypass resister wires. I'm going to call to confirm, but that makes a lot more sense...still don't get the interlock switch on the ground.