Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
spark plug wires have been annoying me too.....think I will order some wire separators to at least organize them. But I suppose zip ties would work for now....I could use the Roadkill wire separator trick lol!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
LOOOONNNNNNGGGG week....ended up having to take over construction management on a project for a client this week and find / hire a construction manager for him. Long story but all is good, finally had time tonight to make the bracket black! back to it tomorrow.
20200731_201725 (002).jpg

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Took me a while to catch up on all the Fugly updates....:ranger:

crazy on what happened to that motor, but looks like nothing a few thousand won’t fix. :facepalm:

All the work on this boat is top notch. Thanks for taking the time to post all the nitty gritty detail. Excellent work, can’t wait to see all that hard work reach finality.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the kind words Chuck!

So I got the bracket mounted and everything ready to go for the oil lines today...last step......and I ordered the wrong $%^#&#@$ ends for the AN hose! I swear I ordered the ones for PTFE hose, but never really paid any attention till I went to put them together today. Just ordered the correct ones from Summit, looks like they will be here Tuesday. I was wanting to break in the engine tomorrow and go take her for a splash, but guess that will wait.:mad::facepalm: My fault, so I guess I will have to suck it up and wait a couple more days.....I have to say I wasn't really happy, but it is what it is.

20200801_161255 (002).jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I will say the bracket turned out great....really just blends in like I hoped. Now for the black oil lines....

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Arch,
I’m trained as an engineer (3 degrees) and a certified welder (MIG, TIG, Stick) and I am really impressed. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Cheers,
Craig

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wow Arch, if that doesn't look factory, what does? Nice clean neat assembly that looks like it was supposed to be there. Also interesting to see others make ordering hiccups. And I thought I was the only one that did such things. :facepalm:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the comments. I have been really busy at work and what free time I have had I spent at the lake the last few weeks.....looks like summer is almost over for us. I was hoping we would have a warm September, but it is already starting too cool off. I am getting back to Fuggly next weekend. I will let all the crazies have the lake and run over each other. Hopefully not, but something crazy always seems to happen on 3 day weekends. Thanks for all the nice comments on the bracket!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol I think I will pass on the crabs! I am hoping all goes well next weekend, if it does I would like to do a bit of fall boating in her before things cool off more than I enjoy lol! I remember one of the guys from CA posting a "fall boating" video in early September wearing a parka and saying the might get a few more weeks before the lake froze :eek: If I can't wear shorts I am out lol!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So you don't like crabs? Require alot of workc. Rather have a lump crabmeat crabcake myself. Preferably Chesapeake or a Maryland jumbo.
Something like this next to grilled softshell crabs with lots of butter. Just me I'm saying. On a burger roll.

shutterstock_170038088-1200x800.jpg
OIP.pXvTwNt-5v8Eck0DgvSmRQHaE8

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
You forget that Wood and I come from the land of steaks, pork and chickens lol! (and wheat) I just never have warmed up to most shell fish other than shrimp. I like a few fish from the sea. Ate a lot of crappie, bass and every so often catfish as a kid. My grandpa was a very good fisherman so there were no shortage from the local lakes. Not a real big fan of catfish, seems hit or miss! I do like a good fried crappie or bass! But I am really a T-bone and Ribeye guy! Its hard not be when you have a state full of Black Angus cows :D

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Mmmmm, Maryland Blue crabs, @mickyryan...now I’m hungry. I’m close enough to the Bay to get those local, but man are they’re pricey. But sooooo good. Crab cakes on Martins Potato rolls, now that’s eatin’!!