Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
stackin fire ants is srs bsness:)
:lol:

The easiest way to stack fire ants is to put you foot into their mound. They will stack themselves and then all at once, BITE!

Me and ants seem to find each other every time I do any yard work. :cold: :facepalm:

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It was downright frigid here last night, almost down into the 30’s!! It’ Be nice working in the yard this afternoon now that we’re back from ukulele lessons.
Cheers

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hanger looks great! I plan to start replacing the lights in my shop with High Bay's once I run out of replacement ballasts for my T8 lights, LOL.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Well managed to pic up more hanger parts yesterday, about 30 sheets of slatwall.

20190108_155542 (002).jpg

Not sure when I am going to get around to installing it, next on my list is cleaning and organizing. The other shop is a mess! I also sent the scissor lift back to rental land today....I'm declaring the ceiling done.....hope that architect doesn't give me a punch list! :D

I need to get the cleaing done, then pull the heads on the Jeep and get them to the machine shop.

I have also promised an attractive lady a furniture project :D......how do i get talked into these things??? And heading to Barret Jackson next week :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Guessing I will get rolling on Fuggly again in February

zool

Captain
Nice score on the slat wall Arch!..best get it off the trailer so its free to haul A Barrett score :D

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You all saying how 60 is cold, it was -17 C (1F) here this morning, woke up to frost so thick I questioned weather I should work from home today ;)

I'd kill to have 60...

Arch that shop looks amazing, I could never dream of such a big shop. All of my projects have been in driveways or best case if it is raining a tiny basement. Guess that is what hard work gets you

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Skater I am good with 60 for sure this time of year. It goes from that to 5 in 12 hours sometimes......we are in just the right spot. There is a reason the national weather service has a huge research center just south of my house! And oddly enough I would just have a 35 year old pole barn, not the hangar, if it wasn't for an EF5 tornado rearranging it! But the insurance paid off and I have been working on the hangar ever since. I do have to say if I go anywhere it will be further south, hate the cold!

No hangers Sam, I'm sure the old tenant took them or sold them. But they are fairly cheap when you consider the slatwall was free!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
slatwall looks to be the good stuff too with the liners in the slats! total score!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
One thing is for sure Wood, no mater how big they are, stuff expands to fill them!

I have to agree with you on that one. You only THINK you are building large enough at that time, only to find out, it isn't. Don't allow an empty area show up. It gets stuffed with something real quick! :facepalm:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
One thing is for sure Wood, no mater how big they are, stuff expands to fill them!

Yeah I'm finding that out pretty quick. I've had some pinched nerve issues the last 3 month so I'm just not getting back to trying to get the shop finished. It's not much fun when fire is shooting down your right arm!!!! But now that I'm back at it I look at my garage and the space I have left in the shop and I'm not sure I built it big enough!!!

chevymaher

Commander
Yeah I'm finding that out pretty quick. I've had some pinched nerve issues the last 3 month so I'm just not getting back to trying to get the shop finished. It's not much fun when fire is shooting down your right arm!!!! But now that I'm back at it I look at my garage and the space I have left in the shop and I'm not sure I built it big enough!!!

It is that old thing sneakin up on ya isnt it buddy. I feel ya there.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive! I am finishing up a furniture project for a friend and should be back on Fuggly in a couple of weeks. The biggest thing I have left is figuring out what in my hydraulics system decided to leak. Seems to be coming from under the motor (naturally), so I am suspecting either a line broke, or its a leak where the line threads into the transom plate. I'm almost afraid to look....either one of those is going to require pulling the motor! I did some digging the other day and found Mercruiser service manual #1 volumes 1 and 2 on evilbay. They weren't cheap, but they actually have the correct trouble shooting info for the exact system I have. It even has info on the hydraulic actuated sending unit for the trim gauge. It appears that was an option for only a few years, it doesn't even show up in any parts diagrams that I have found. Hope everyone is well, I'll be back to it soon!