Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
if that doesn't work I'm going to tie a big string and handel around the flywheel and get rid of the starter!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Finally have the starter working! I have been jacking with this thing forever! New starter, just the right shim and new flywheel worked! I just made the fuel pump block off plate and painted it. I'm going to take a break then install it later. After that the motor is pretty much ready to go.

I need to install the steering, shifter, wire harness, fuel tank, rear cleats and finish mounting the swim ladder before dropping the motor in. I'm thinking it should go in late to tomorrow or most likely Monday morning when I am fresh. that is a lot of iron to be swinging around 7' in the air when you are tired at the end of a day.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I got the block off plate for the fuel pump installed tonight. Almost looks like I knew what I was doing when I made it lol.

20180526_185518.jpg
I also installed the supprisingly pain in the butt swim ladder, but it turned out nicely.

20180312_182951.jpg
More rigging tomorrow and hopefully landing the engine on Monday morning....been looking for that!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys! All I can say is it is midnight and I am tired! But Fuggly gets power tomorrow! I finished up the final few connections on the ladder, installed all of the fasteners for the rear deck pads (they just had two each, PITA, used T-nuts but glad I did) Installed the rear cleats, installed the dog house latch...installed the interior hydraulic lines and pump. Then installed the nasty greasy steering cable and steering wheel. Finally installed the apparently super hard to lint up with the mounting plate / screws shifter and cables. Still need to hook up the cables on the aft end and add the newly chromed handle but that will have to wait till tomorrow! Right now, shower, food, bed!

20180527_143407.jpg
20180527_143420.jpg
20180527_194214.jpg
20180527_234848.jpg
20180527_235011.jpg

Why do we do this again?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! All the parts and pieces are coming together nicely Arch !
Looking like splash is in the near future for Fuggly !

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I have no idea why my pics that I have rotated on my computer rotate back when I up load them.....weird, anyone know? They show up fine on my laptop.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I have been slacking off this afternoon recovering from the marathon......I went out to the hanger and sat in Fuggly to admire my handy work.....and don't ask me why it occurred to me how big she is.....I looked over at dainty Miss Morgan and thought....damn Fuggly is big enough to play softball..she is a big girl, I am very excited to get her on the water to see how she runs! And my last girlfriend was a college softball player by the way :D Hopefully Fuggly isn't as crazy as she was lol!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks nurseman, I feel like I gave birth lol! Damn there is a lot of boat there, can't wait to see how she runs with the 165