Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
We had rain the last day/evening. Temps now are at 37F. Grabbed a thermometer.
Boat is bone dry. Awesome!! Says I!. natural light is great and I added 30 led lights indoor/outdoor that you would use on your outside deck. They glow pretty good for $30.00. Bulbs are plastic and don't get hot to touch at all.
Next would be getting some better heat lamps for closer heat build up, especially on hull.
Temps with propane torpedo went to 84F in wheelhouse and 74 in cuddy in @ 30 min. or less. Actually had flurries today.
Almost time to git back at it. ;)

OHHHH Yyyyyyyyyeaaa almost forgot, picked up some lasagna ingredients to make now too! All invited.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
LOL rained yesterday went to 20 degrees. I went out and the truck was froze shut. It went to 38 today tho.

Not too much exciting here Chev. The tornado that blew thru a week ago pulled the tent a bit but overall easy put back. Temps are wacky. Boats interior is @ 10 deg. warmer than outside.
Bulk of focus is building some supports, some type of tables and organize the interior for easy grab and movement. I literally threw everything in there. So I can't find anything.
After that the yard needs tools, leaves, machines placed away and winterized. Stuffing the other 2 tarps back in the box to ship back for credit.
Generally speaking I'm being a slacker. :joyous:

chevymaher

Commander
Not too much exciting here Chev. The tornado that blew thru a week ago pulled the tent a bit but overall easy put back. Temps are wacky. Boats interior is @ 10 deg. warmer than outside.
Bulk of focus is building some supports, some type of tables and organize the interior for easy grab and movement. I literally threw everything in there. So I can't find anything.
After that the yard needs tools, leaves, machines placed away and winterized. Stuffing the other 2 tarps back in the box to ship back for credit.
Generally speaking I'm being a slacker. :joyous:

I hear you. I was raking and mulching leaves. My brother came over that is a team slacker event. I put a headlight in his car checked brakes. We sat and shot the bull forever.

I got my catalog for interior on the chevelle. I dread it but i got to list thousands of parts to make that order. If they were here i be working like a dog. But the paperwork dont excite me so much.

I know it only been a few weeks so far. But that siren is singing me her woeful song. I hear her calling me. Lets get this snow over with so I can go be a river rat.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Let me tell ya bout the beauty of the Holidays, Veterans Day and just things that happen.
On another forum I'm on a boat came up for sale, its a nice boat, needs work but they all do all the time.
An awesome diesel mechanic with tons of 'HOW To" for everyone was just a little stretched out. Kinda been just waiting on a boat to buy with limited resources. {like who isn't}
A bunch of guys put together a pool on a boat and he is getting a Xmas Gift.
He's been in the trade since forever and family prior.
So cool seeing a community of forum people, strangers making something like this happen.
There was no bickering, no moderators deleting posts, no snickering or lewd comments, just JOY!
Best to all and Happy, Happy Holidays! Just saying.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Kev, Glad you're still making progress. I had a follow up procedure last week and it TORE ME UP!!! My neck feels like 3rd degree SunBurn and my equilibrium is Totally messed up. Stagger around like I'm drunk!!! Sucks to be me!!! Pain meds keep me in LaLa Land so, not very active other than some upholstery work. Lots of furniture stuff. Not much boat work.
That Peel Ply is some KOOL stuff.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey Kev, Glad you're still making progress. I had a follow up procedure last week and it TORE ME UP!!! My neck feels like 3rd degree SunBurn and my equilibrium is Totally messed up. Stagger around like I'm drunk!!! Sucks to be me!!! Pain meds keep me in LaLa Land so, not very active other than some upholstery work. Lots of furniture stuff. Not much boat work.
That Peel Ply is some KOOL stuff.

Mike
Just take it easy peasy! Only the best.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Very happy with the new boat cover. 99% dry inside as I stood in their during a couple of storms. Latest is getting the deck redone under the outboard. Accomplished now that was easy enough to roll over to the stern. Real easy.
Went and dug out engine lift and found that the pump handle went bent and was unable to actually lift anything.
So that was 1 day blown.
Beat and soaked it and tried again but no luck.
Nutter day blown.
Neighbor offered his but it was in worse condition than mine but I was able to remove the part that was wanked and used it in mine. Bled it out and held. Nutter day blown.
Went out today all held place as far as the hydraulics for the lift but couldn't find the ring to lift engine. Searched and found it.
Then it began to pour...…...….Nutter day gone.
Stopped pouring, Feel good but Eagles are coming on. So will do in a.m when I get home from work. Temps are going up to @ 50 tom. and dry. Kinda like Fla here considering the time of year. Saw a palm tree starting to sprout. Nah.. no climate changes exist, right?
This time of year when I was a kid I walked to school in 3' of snow.
Pics? what for? Same ole stuff.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i feel you pain it was 49 outside this morning i felt the ice age had truly come... im like those iguana in south florida it gets cold i move even slower lol

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well another ThanksGiving guys!
Happy Bird Day to all of you and yours!!!
36626ddbae8d3957d9670c0d6ee39f0a.jpg