Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Had that tank been coated properly before installation....

I Know....but that was a factory scenario. Like alot of the problems we find today from prior mfg. The best part though is that I get to do it right this time.

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Iboats has quite a selection of boat tanks. If you need a custom, odd shaped tank made, call Carr Enterprises in Florida.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, never seen a factory tank that was ever coated with anything. They ALWAYS take the Cheapest route!!!:eek:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Iboats has quite a selection of boat tanks. If you need a custom, odd shaped tank made, call Carr Enterprises in Florida.

Tx! JC will check it out after a fianl determination on sizing.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well no one will believe me any way so here goes. My camera was on the 3rd floor my arse was in the boat on the ground level. So update, worked on the prime filet under the cuddy. Was gonna glass two more but forgot I didn't filet two of the 4. Pulled out by a bbq. So got back in tonight, filet them, then drilled out the drain holes 4, cause the rain is coming and the last thing I wanted is a boat full of water. That's all I have to say about it. pics later. Oh yea had to vacuum everything I dusted up so the drainage hole won't block up if the top goes down in the rain.
Time is getting shorter with the change of seasons, so I am under the gun. Fingers crossed we have a slow fall temp.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Keep going man, you can do it! And I somehow believe you did what you said you did, even without pics. :D

zool

Captain
Keep going man, you can do it! And I somehow believe you did what you said you did, even without pics. :D

Nope, pics or it didn't happen lol....I think he sat around drinking beers all day ....not that theres anything wrong with that ;)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Epoxy and a grinder in 1 hand and a Bud in the other. lol Zool hows That's quite a Fort Knox your building over there at your place for the boat. Last winter my teepee went down 2x with snow.
Just got done talking to the Queen aboyt re-enforcing my shelter.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Wog and Foam,
Thank you for referring me to OPPS! and his concepts on foaming in a boat. To date I believe that his approach is the most sensible approach in regards to drainage and aeration of cavities. Wow... took me awhile to dig it out but well worth it!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sorry for the mis-spelling of "oops"!, not opps!
For all who would like to know about great debates, development, application and installation regarding "FOAM" this is a must read. "oops!" takes his personal thoughts from basically not really enjoying the faom application to a level of installation and appreciation of foam installation with great! Say it again...Great installation techniques!

Go to "advanced search" type keyword........foam then member.......oops! From there there is just another wealth of info that actually should be posted under his topics.

Please also understand that oops! has passed away so responses obviously won't be answered but in the wealth of information he has left with/us and Iboats all is worth a read.
And thanks again wog or is it woog for the points of direction.
Kevin

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmmm, OOPS has NOT Passed Away...He's just no longer Active on the Forum!!!:eek: Like Mark Twain said..."Reports of my passing have been Greatly Exaggerated!!!"

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
plmb3_zps401b51a0.png~c200
PICT0004_zpsf03458a5.jpg~c200
PICT0003_zpse3599da5.jpg~c200
PICT0002_zpsced6d39b.jpg~c200
double wet layup, epoxy and almost the end of my 1708 with ,matt.
Been doing alot of side work in plumbing. This is what is paying for this boat overhaul. In addition there was some work I did today and in the last few days I was unable to post. yes I did the work Zool and had a Bud in my hand. At the end of the day the camera slipped out of my hand and landed in the epoxy. So now I need a new camera.
As were yapping I have a 3lb pork loin on the grill getting smoked with apple wood. Slow cook...covered with sweet green peppers and onions from the garden. Plus a little lemon pepper sauce. Have to go to keep an eye on it and finish the mash potatoes.

Well I've had enough of photobucket today, another pia.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well Now! Finally got the pics off my Iphone. 884 pics. Not all of the boat work but mostly the boat. I think I left off on the stringers getting started. But I also found some other pics of re-doing components I'm going to try and put back in the boat...Here goes;

PICT0064.JPG

Looks like I'll be dumping all the pics into photbucket.

Attachments

• PICT0064.JPG
    PICT0064.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PICT0064.JPG
    PICT0064.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 3

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well It took awhile to dump into photbucket but here goes again. The components I'm trying to refit all had that parkay/checkered 3x3 wood ply squares. All were saturated. Kind lucky I did start with those repairs cause it helped me begin to get better at glassing.
Teeter Totter getting cleaned up;

Getting the Motor on a stand I built. Old Johnson VRO. I had a lot of help from guys in the community here help me to identify it.;

Above is the underside of the splash well.