Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Since last I received tires for the trailer, pilot house ceiling pu leather, gallon of matching paint/Kirbys Paint, rod holders, horn, cuddy lights, fuel filler and fuel tank vent unit. Still cleaning up and testing the electric.
Started Fabing up the ceiling area in house with a leather. turned out purty to me. Still trying to figure out a quick release for them so I won't need tools to access covered electric. Any ideas welcome.

Attachments

• Edge for Ceiling.JPG
    Edge for Ceiling.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Template.JPG
    Template.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ceiling base with structure strength.JPG
    ceiling base with structure strength.JPG
    608.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Pleather.JPG
    Pleather.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 18

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
My headliner I used "gimp hidem". I had a couple access panels for the same reason. Most of the hidem was stapled in but I tried small screws in these spots and when I tightened down at the last bit the material twisted a bit. I have not gone back to straighten out yet. Looks worse in pictures that when I look at it

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Haven't been around much and was catching up. Looking good. I like the use of the Panduit raceway to hide the wires coming out of the ceiling, my rep would be proud.
Always good to hear from you Z! I like them alot and they hide the wires quite well.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
I see a mini striper and some bait? Good fishing this weekend! Always like the fish pics.
I normally catch the perch for my dog. I clean them and place them in a dehydrator and make perch jerky for her. Catch 1 striper in Maryland if you dont like to fish for other species your day is done. 1 per day down here.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Moving along. Completed 2nd headliner and installed as well as new molding to secure it. Plastic molding that you can paint, sand, drill, cut and is waterproof, very light. The whole idea of using corrugated plastic backer for head liner was to keep things light as possible and speed up prep/install time as I move along.
I still may add a couple puck leds overhead.
Cleaned up a little in the boat earlier this week. Still using the torpedo heater to take the chill off.
I will install the horn today. Gots to do the underside of the installed ply for the gunnels....not looking forward to the upside down glassing. That will allow me to place rod holders and stern nav light.
Well some pics....Prepping leather pu and corrugated plastic:
Letting the material breath
42422 A.JPG42422 B.JPG42422 C.JPG

Installed and trimmed;
42422 1.JPG
42422 2.JPG
View attachment 42422 3.MOV

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Did some sanding on the outside of the gunnels to remove my slop epoxy . Wanted to start pb'ing and glassing the underside of the gunnels. I found my cabosil and chopped glass had gotten moisture in it. Oh well, ordered a little batch.
Installed new tires/4 and finally got to see the light show at night. Good weather this weekend.
TIRES.JPG

Boat out back not turned on;
NIGHT PIC NO LIGHTS.JPG

Boat lit up
LIGHTS ON.JPG

View attachment IMG_2526.MOV

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Got some good weather this week. No pics but got to mix up some new pb, glass and thickener. Upside down. Fun but 1 side done on the gunnels. Needed to angle it off for the upside glass fun.

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
What you are saying is that while doing all that you can't be bothered to take pics for us? JK of course, always fun trying to do things upside down in a tight space!