Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hope everyone had a good one!

Twas as good as it gets, thanks Eric.
So talk about crap days. Ha ha like yours lately….
I've been maneuvering my 450 lb outboard the last week or two by myself to hang on transom. As seems has been your fate as of late the smack ass thing/engine hoist hit a bad pc. of wood and sank and let the whole unit roll over.
Of course I was by myself, 1st mistake trying to make it work and I knew it in the back of my mind. Couldn't count on help ya see.
Chucker started to list and I had to jump out of the way and did some stupid and safe ninja roll. This time not breaking my already broken ribs from 9 weeks ago.
Also camera isn't working.
Going to rethink this whole approach...almost took a sledgehammer to it. Still may.
Just nasty nasty nasty says I

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Got the 500 lb. piggy back up and on the lift. Covered up cause here we got low temps now, rain and possible snow/ice.
Looked out the cowl and got some cracks but nothing I can't repair. Mechanicals are intact.
I'll prep everything I need for a quick hang but this time have some muscle to help out.
At this pont I'm going to focus on interior work. Really like the cover and get heat from 30 deg. to 80 in 1 beer.
Going to make open face turkey, stuffing, gravy, tom. and cheese sandwiches and watch the EAGLES. yEA!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Watching you and Rem makes me want to just stay inside on the couch where it’s safe ! :behindsofa:

Yup Sam....Sumpin like this.
espn.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Gots the heat up to 80 easily. Started wetting out the cabin ply. And yup snow is here.
Phewww schools closed etc....yet out front the guys are tearing and putting down new road tops from the summer sewer dig ups here.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good Day! 20 deg here. Got the boat up to 90 deg. Did a lot of pb on gaps to prep for glass. Liking working with the cold weather. Lets me add little more part to to the resin for a faster cook but the temps let me have more time to apply.
Then work interior temps up to set off catalyst.
Pics attached.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ummmm ... normally when they say pics attached there’s something there to look at ...:bored:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Aaaaaaaalmost done... lol

Nice cat there!
Mine does not know what to do with the temps here. Sun 20 deg. today 60 deg?.... I like the fireplace.
Looks like you hired a pretty good contractor. Angies list?
Looks like the big screen going in above the hearth. NNNNNNNNIIICCCEEE! What's the liner you used? Self venting type?
Propane, gas or real wood burning?
Did a lot more filets and their is a lot left to do....filets. Temps are nuts. Now I'm using the "thick" epoxy I bought by mistake awhile back. Still works the same just need to get the cabosil to the right texture/thickness for overhead/vertical joints.
Pics attached.

Last edited by a moderator: