iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: iBoaters...Where are you!!!!

yup, i have met a few as well. 04fxdwgi, bond-o , and mischief managed . . . Seeing folks on the map will probably lead to more meet & greats. just wondering if it can be/should be expanded beyond just the restoration forum?[/quote]

i think it would be an awesome thing if any and all iboaters who want to should be pinned...afterall, the community of restorers far outreaches just the resto forum...we get help from all the motor, electric, prop, trailers, etc... Crew, and vice versa...a lot of folks hang in the conversation sections...obviously the rendezvous section...
It would be cool to have it pinned at the top of each and every forum, if that would be possible...
That would probably fill the whole world map and make for finding nearby iboaters a lot easier...

^^^ +1

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class

It would be cool to have it pinned at the top of each and every forum, if that would be possible...
That would probably fill the whole world map and make for finding nearby Iboaters a lot easier...

North America is filling up fast.

I see that there is a pin in Ireland now and I have private messaged a couple of restorers, one in Australia, and one in Great Britain.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I can change the name & map description to anything you guys want. It can be linked ANYWHERE in the forums, if anyone would like to post a link to it.

When I re-name the map, NOTHING but the name changes. Your pin, it's description/info, and the link to YOUR acct/info all stays the same. The map's just been re-titled.

It's easy to do, wouldn't take me a minute to make the change.

If anyone wants to start a thread in any forum @iboats, and add a link to the map, or post it in any of your replies, signature links, etc, PLEASE feel free to do so.

Currently there are about 95 unique map users, a few have more then 1 port of call, so the map list shows 101 pins.

An in person meet & greet, tour of someone else's boathouse, or cruise along someone's favorite waterway would be great to attend.

In fact after viewing a fellow iboater's vacation pix cruising Lake Powell in AZ, I wish I'd been able to visit & boat it when I lived less then 1700 miles from it.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: iBoaters Get-Together!!!

Re: iBoaters Get-Together!!!

Bump! Just wanted to get this on Page one again!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

i say move to a larger area and pin it.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bump

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Bump

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Well come on all the rest of you from Wisconsin. I know there are many more than this out here!

did you hear , I'm on the map yo-ho now ye maties if I can find a treasure to get me boat finished and have some water fun

lokonn

Chief Petty Officer

Glad to see this as a ''stickie''.

outdrdave

Seaman Apprentice

Done.. Pretty neat idea.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

119 and counting ! :cool:
Maybe we could head to Zulu Warrior's place for a get together ..
With my luck I would surely get lost in the triangle ! :facepalm::lol:

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chalk another one up for the Volunteer's
:D

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Since Talladega Alabama is the center of the universe, I don't feel like I need to pin my location... nor do I need to consort with anyone that doesn't know where the center of the universe is.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Since Talladega Alabama is the center of the universe, I don't feel like I need to pin my location... nor do I need to consort with anyone that doesn't know where the center of the universe is.

Never been there and no feeling to go either.

IUPapabear

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don't you have some sort of roundy-round car race down there?!?!?! :D

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Am I doing something wrong? I don't see an add button. Also, are we supposed to mark where we live or where we keep the boat?
Thanks guys.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

That's the second part I was talking about, and if it works for you it works for me too.

Never had a desire to go to Vegas, Fla or Cal. either. Been to Texas, didn't care for it. Sisters in Mt 30 years, never been there either.

Don't know bout the rest of ya's but the Center of My Universe is my Wife, 5 children and 9 grandchildren.