iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: iBoaters...Where are you!!!!

You should be able to roll you mouse wheel up or down while pressing the control tab to zoom in and out or use the "+" "-" on the left side to do the same.

The only thing that messes with mine is when I hover over a pin for too long, it opens up the text window and sometimes I have to "X" out of that before I can proceed to move the map around.

Thanks for the zooming hint (just like in Adobe reader). Ya, I get the same thing where a text window has to be x'd out

I feel like somebody special , I'm on a map lol great idea

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've added my pin twice, and it never seems to appear where it should, or at all. One time it popped up in Michigan (even though I had the map zoomed way in on my local area), and the second time, it seemed to like the coordinates, but nothing ever appeared. OMG! I'm a vampire!

Edit: Tried one more time, this time, it seems to have stuck.

Last edited:

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks jbcurt. Still haven't got it working. I have high speed, so I don't think that's the problem. Any more suggestions?

Ken

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I use Google Chrome and it snaps right up and works perfectly with it. Which surprises me since Windows 8.1 Chrome won't work with Netflix and some other sites I went to all the time, so I was surprised.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks jbcurt. Still haven't got it working. I have high speed, so I don't think that's the problem. Any more suggestions?

Ken

What browser are you using and have you emptied the cache. I access the map multiple times a day, from home, work & my cellphone, always have access to the whole map, in a full browser window. No problems.

It's probably java based, on a Mac?

jbcurt00

Staff member

I've added my pin twice, and it never seems to appear where it should, or at all. One time it popped up in Michigan (even though I had the map zoomed way in on my local area), and the second time, it seemed to like the coordinates, but nothing ever appeared. OMG! I'm a vampire!

Edit: Tried one more time, this time, it seems to have stuck.

Near Buffalo, in upstate NY, correct?

I redacted the pin near Flint, MI. There were 2 shown for GWPSR & GWPJR

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

I'm using Google Chrome. Never had any problems like this, and everything else is working fine. I get what looks like letterhead and a register/sign in in the top inch of the page. None of the suggestions worked. Cant even see the map at all now : (

Ken

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's got to be something on your end, I've accessed it 6 times since I got home & started admin work on the map.

Just logged off as admin. And immediately reloaded map, had no problem viewing it. Try clearing your chrome internet cache..

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

I went and looked at it on my iPhone. Any reason why I cant leave it the way you set it up?

Kenn

jbcurt00

Staff member

I went and looked at it on my iPhone. Any reason why I cant leave it the way you set it up?

Kenn

Nope, unless you want to add/change info I posted @ your boat & etc, or you move....

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

Cool. Thanks. In the mean time, I'll try and figure it out.

Ken

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Near Buffalo, in upstate NY, correct?

I redacted the pin near Flint, MI. There were 2 shown for GWPSR & GWPJR

Yeah. They never showed up for me until this last one, and the one in Michigan was a total mystery. :) Thanks for cleaning up after me.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: iBoaters Get-Together!!!

Good idea, I have met 3 Iboaters over the years, good times!

Yup, I have met a few as well. 04fxdwgi, Bond-o , and Mischief Managed . . . Seeing folks on the map will probably lead to more meet & greats. Just wondering if it can be/should be expanded beyond just the restoration forum?

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander

Yup, I have met a few as well. 04fxdwgi, Bond-o , and Mischief Managed . . . Seeing folks on the map will probably lead to more meet & greats. Just wondering if it can be/should be expanded beyond just the restoration forum?

The map is great - hopefully it'll lead to meeting up with some fellow iboaters in my area. I happened upon it through "what's new", I wasn't specifically in the restoration forum. But maybe there is a way to expand its exposure (stick?)

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... One of the Most embarrassin' moments in My life,....

Went to take Ted for a tinbarge ride 'round the bay, only to find the bilge pump ran the batteries Dead flat,.... :rolleyes:

'n then the Boat Deal Ted drove all the way over here for, fell through,...
The Owner of said boat is a Good friend, 'n work associate,...
Blistered gelcoat if I remember right,...

tpenfield

Staff member

Ayuh,.... One of the Most embarrassin' moments in My life,....

Went to take Ted for a tinbarge ride 'round the bay, only to find the bilge pump ran the batteries Dead flat,.... :rolleyes:

'n then the Boat Deal Ted drove all the way over here for, fell through,...
The Owner of said boat is a Good friend, 'n work associate,...
Blistered gelcoat if I remember right,...

Yup, still worth the trip and nice meeting you. It was one of those automatic bilge pumps that nuked the batteries, right?

the guy who owned the boat. (Chris .?) was a nice guy and good to work with, although the blisters were a show stopper for me.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

A visit with oops! was always an experience.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I think it would be an awesome thing if any and all Iboaters who want to should be pinned...afterall, the community of restorers far outreaches just the resto forum...we get help from all the motor, electric, prop, trailers, etc... crew, and vice versa...a lot of folks hang in the conversation sections...obviously the rendezvous section...
It would be cool to have it pinned at the top of each and every forum, if that would be possible...
That would probably fill the whole world map and make for finding nearby Iboaters a lot easier...

Last edited by a moderator: