iBoaters...Where are you!!!! - Members Map

southkogs

Staff member
Re: iBoaters Get-Together!!!

RJ , looks like FL, and Ontario are tied . TN has some catching up to do .. :D
... Might have the kids start signing up ;)

If we can't get our numbers up any higher here in Tn, allow us to humbly offer one of our beautiful lakes as a possible meeting place. Although it may be quite a trip for some members. Maybe we should consider regional get togethers as a better option.
Nice thing about TN is we do have nice BIG impounds and we're really rather central (even up in South Kentucky would work).

neither one of those foreign countries count....
LOL ... Though, we're typically easier on North Florida.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Lt Dan apparently has 3 ports of call, so depending on the season/time of year, I guess he'd be interested in a get together near any of the 3 places.

Same w/ Zool.

Different cities & for the most part states, so good to know they're up for a meet & greet near any of their locales.
I see there are three Pins for Lt.Dan Will the real Lt.Dan please rise?

jbcurt00

Staff member

AGAIN:
As the iboats forum links to the map are going to be public, and the map is public, I'd strongly recommend adding only details you would to a public forum. City/State is sufficient. Please DO NOT include ph#'s, physical/email addresses. You can add pix of your boat as an avatar, and any other details in your description is good. I added some of my signature links info.

And there is the option of linking back to the iboats forums.

I used my iboats user name/id to mark my pin, so it'd be easier to put me @ the map w/ me here @iboats. If another iboats member wants to contact you, they can do so via the iboats PM system.

As the map fills w/ pins, you can look under the View tab & select Show list. That will bring up an alphabetical list of the user names. If you use your iboats id, I can click your user id & the map will highlight your pin. If I click a mapped pin, the map will display any info you've detailed.

Please don't post any personal details about your address, ph#'s or email addresses. Although I don't mind sharing that info w/ anyone I interact w/ at iboats, I still won't post those details in an open forum. The map is open forum too. If someone goes looking they might find it, but they can for sure link to the map from iboats w/out joining iboats. Don't open yourself up for whatever may come of posting that info online here @iboats or on the map.

Steve LaBree, or anyone knows him, please PM me Re: the map

Thank you all for pinning the map, there are about 70pins so far. As in most of the US, boating season is nearly upon us everywhere, I hope many of you get the chance to get together, do some boating, grill some fish (or other tasty viddles).

If you decide to have a get together, someone in the primary group post a link to a thread here, but start a thread here:
Boating Activities, Rendezvous and Destinations

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

added my mark on the map:cool:

grzzzz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am the sole representative in New Mexico!! The desert is a great place for boating!!

Grzzzz

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Good idea, I have met 3 Iboaters over the years, good times!

atjohnson

Petty Officer 2nd Class

On the map. Filling up the #2 spot for MS.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: iBoaters...Where are you!!!!

What's happened to the rest of my Wisconsin brotheren?

Speakrdude

Ensign

Representing Arkansas, GO HOGS!

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

Good morning;

I would like to add a peg for Winnipeg, but the whole map is not appearing on my screen. I get about an inch of map and then a whole lot of white screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks......

Ken

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

slow internet?

MikDee

Banned

I'm In! Milford, PA.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm in. Is there a certain color pin to use?

Sure wish I woulda thought more about a name when I first registered...

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good morning;

I would like to add a peg for Winnipeg, but the whole map is not appearing on my screen. I get about an inch of map and then a whole lot of white screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks......

Ken

I am using Firefox for about 90% of what I do on iboats and Explorer sometimes. Both seem to be finicky with the map when it comes to viewing at times and then other times not.

You should be able to roll you mouse wheel up or down while pressing the control tab to zoom in and out or use the "+" "-" on the left side to do the same.

Mouse Left Click and Drag and you should be able to pull the map down, sideways, up. It may take a minute for it to refresh as it redraws the map and all of the pins.

The only thing that messes with mine is when I hover over a pin for too long, it opens up the text window and sometimes I have to "X" out of that before I can proceed to move the map around.

I know also there is a torn piece of paper in Explorer just to the right of the Address Line which is the Compatibility Mode for older websites.

It may have to do with how your viewer is set up to refresh and slow speed connections won't help much either.

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm in. Is there a certain color pin to use?

Sure wish I woulda thought more about a name when I first registered...

Don't think the pin color is a requirement, it's personal choice. And don't sweat the name thing. It is who you are, and your boat, family, friends, and iboat family is all that matters!

Boat safe!

Last edited:

Rapunzel

Cadet

Rapunzel is now pinned.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks......

Ken

I added a Green pin for you in Winnipeg

If you get your browser/connection problem fixed (I suspect it's one or the other), add your own pin & I'll delete the pin I added for you.

I used your iboats user name & added the details from your signature to the pin.