Repairing a tri hull boat

S3xyone

Cadet
Hello everyone. I have a tri hull boat that has a hole in the bottom of the hull. As well needs repair on the floor. My question is, is it possible to separate the hull and the floor? If so where do I start. What all needs to be removed. Also it is an inboard/out drive. Does the motor have to be removed?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Repairing a tri hull boat

Hello everyone. I have a tri hull boat that has a hole in the bottom of the hull. As well needs repair on the floor. My question is, is it possible to separate the hull and the floor? If so where do I start. What all needs to be removed. Also it is an inboard/out drive. Does the motor have to be removed?

I'm assuming your boat is the one in you avatar. But we need more and better pictures of what you are asking about. Post some pictures with a few different shots of the problem areas and other will chime in with tons of answers. What you are questioning is the norm on here. So there are lots of quality folks that can help...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yup Yup Yup! Post pictures for the best help so we can see what you have to work with.

You should also start reading the other restoration threads in this forum to educate yourself on the fine art of boat restoration.

Considering your verbal description I'd guess you have quite a bit of work ahead of you to get your boat safe and seaworthy, but it'll be well worth it in the end

bvetter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like the others mentioned, you may find more work that needs to be done than initially thought if the inside of the hull has been exposed to water for some time. The good news, you've stumbled upon the best forum in existence for help on these matters. Post pics of the problem areas, you'll get lots of responses. If and when you get to ordering fibreglass materials, I'll give you some tips on distributors, I'm in SK as well and started my restoration a few months ago. Good luck sir!