1984 16.5' Sea Nymph Ski Sport Rebuild

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Hey man just get you a glasser and be done with it. Great to see your son taking an intrest in working on boats. Mine aren't to keen on it. Must be the itching.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Hey man just get you a glasser and be done with it. Great to see your son taking an intrest in working on boats. Mine aren't to keen on it. Must be the itching.

Huh....never thought that was the reason my girls would rather watch from a distance....but makes sense.
Tagging along to see what all the fuss about these tin cans is about. Lol.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Good to see you getting started on the SN. Hopefully your son will stick with you for a good part of the build. My daughter helped with the flotation. She enjoyed snapping the pieces apart after I scored them with the razor. She also liked fitting them into the boat.

I think if you make the storage areas air tight, like maybe made out of coolers, they will provide enough flotation to offset the missing foam they displace. I know you will be stuffing the rest of the voids full of more foam than it originally came with too so I'm sure you'll be good to go. Good luck, I'm tagging along.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Hey man just get you a glasser and be done with it.

:ban:

What are your ideas for the rebuild?

Plans for power?

This one will be strictly for fishing. It may head out on the big lake from time to time but the major use will be inland lakes and rivers. It'll be durable, no fuss, no messing around, no fancy schmancy stuff.

I actually picked up power for this a while ago but I don't think I post up what I got, check it out...

Tagging along to see what all the fuss about these tin cans is about. Lol.

Waaaaaaaayyyyyy better!:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Good to see you getting started on the SN. Hopefully your son will stick with you for a good part of the build. My daughter helped with the flotation. She enjoyed snapping the pieces apart after I scored them with the razor. She also liked fitting them into the boat.

I think if you make the storage areas air tight, like maybe made out of coolers, they will provide enough flotation to offset the missing foam they displace. I know you will be stuffing the rest of the voids full of more foam than it originally came with too so I'm sure you'll be good to go. Good luck, I'm tagging along.

Yah, I'll be raising the bow deck and adding in a bunch of foam up there. Since all the foam in there currently is about 98% water logged and frozen and corroding things and basically worthless anything I do to it should be about a thousand time better:thumb:

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Good night man you building a drag boat with that engine? I am an io dude but daddy always loved the Johnson and Rudes. Can I still tag along?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
I am an io dude but daddy always loved the Johnson and Rudes. Can I still tag along?

I am now a rehabilitated IO to OB guy. I am absolutely done with IO's!!!!:fencing::deadhorse::caked:

Which reminds me, I need to swing by the 26er thread for a quick update....

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Yah, this one's been sitting and waiting for a while. :facepalm: That's ok though.

I think we can have it ready to go by mid May, we just need to keep the wheels turning on it :thumb:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I am now a rehabilitated IO to OB guy. I am absolutely done with IO's!!!!:fencing::deadhorse::caked:

Which reminds me, I need to swing by the 26er thread for a quick update....

Did you pick up a pair of 350's for the 26'er?

64osby

Admiral
I'm sure you were just making sure it was truly rotten to the core.

Glad to see it make it to the shed.

Nice father / son project.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yah, this one's been sitting and waiting for a while. :facepalm: That's ok though.

I think we can have it ready to go by mid May, we just need to keep the wheels turning on it :thumb:

I'd be happy to keep you honest on this build if you are gonna document it. I know you have been hit and miss on the site for a few years due to real life issues but I pledge to nudge you when needed to keep you on track if you're agreeable. I know the end of the islander build was more post, post progress but this one should be vintage Jas with the early morning coffee vids and pics as it happens. Maybe your son can have hot cocoa at 3:30am. Lol

I'm sure there are a few (teamster, watermann, ez, decker, GA, Pmc, JB, Huron, Et. al.) that would be glad to keep poking ya when needed to help you achieve the due date. I'm guessing that's not how it will go but I'm glad to follow this build just the same. Bring it on Jason. I'm sure looking forward to the journey.

budski

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Jason, glad to see you back at it, I rebuilt and flipped one almost like that last year, nice boat and very well built, anxious to see what you do with it.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Nice father / son project.

Yah, this should be fun building this together. I've given him major decision power over the direction of this rig and he's enjoying that. First decision was side console vs. dual console vs. center console. He and I weighed all the pros/cons, talked about what kind of fishing we'll be doing, kicked it around a little, and he decided dual console. I think that was a good decision so off we go!

I'd be happy to keep you honest on this build if you are gonna document it.

Sure man! We have a couple of sports finishing up this week. After that our afternoons open up which will be nice. Two major things competing for my time starting next week will be a bathroom renovation that's my Christmas gift to Jen and snowboarding with the boys. So, hopefully I can balance all that out and get this build cranked out by spring. I think I can do it so long as I get back on the track of "do one thing every day". That helps with the pacing. I think we can do it:thumb:

Hey Jason, glad to see you back at it, I rebuilt and flipped one almost like that last year, nice boat and very well built, anxious to see what you do with it.

Yah, these Sea Nymphs are awesome boats. I was really happy with the other I built and this one should be even better than the previous. I'm hoping for a relatively straight forward build here. I wish to build this simple, strong, durable, no unnecessary stuff, no messing around.

Cheers guys!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've got a bathroom remodel looming as well. Not looking forward to it. It is actually a full bath and powder room so two rooms of tile and two vanities. Both will need custom counter tops. Fun fun, ching ching. Glad to hear you gave him such a big role. Building memories right there dad.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Glad to hear you gave him such a big role. Building memories right there dad.

I think so and I hope so, this should be fun!

All right, so Ryan and I have been kicking around what this boat should look and function like. Check out this SmokerCraft Osprey...

http://www.smokercraft.com/gardengnome-player-popup?package=162_osprey.ggpkg

http://www.smokercraft.com/gardengnome-player-popup?package=172_osprey.ggpkg

There's a lot that I like about this boat and I hope we'll have a build that has a lot of the same/similar features.

I think this should give us some good direction :thumb:

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Jasoutside...May I tag along? Love the SN and "Angry Evinrude!" Very sweet.

I will be honest dude, it was you who pushed me over the line to get me to buy my SN project boat and gave me the courage to get going. Little did I know how stinkin' addicting this stuff is! Thanks!

Frey