My 1968 Glastron GT160 rebuild......

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I didn't check your thread in a few days and WOW I can not believe how much you got done. And it looks great can not wait to see it in blue. great work cor.
It kinda looks like the bat mobile from behind

Mark72233

Ensign
Corjen, I hope your happy with the colors because I am, that looks sweet. She looks like she doing 60 mph right there

Tnstratofam

Commander
WOW!!!!!! She really does look like she's flying sitting still. The blue and white look amazing. Really outstanding work.:thumb:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I want one ! Trade ya the borum for it ! :D
It looks incredible now just wait till all the upholstery goes in .. :hail:

Goldie627

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That's just out right beautiful, excellent work! You're setting the bar mighty high! =)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Goldie your right on the bar being set high I'm glad I;m not painting mine Looks excellent!!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks you guys!!! Much appreciated!!! There are a couple things to fix, but nothing the next wet sand wont take care of. I am very happy with it, and I got a whole lot of good vibes to keep pushing till the end!!!

@ Kcassells, I dont really know how to answer the when to peel question....I peeled about 15-20 minutes after the shoot. Long enough to clean my spray gun....the paint was just starting to "gel up". You want to pull while its still wet...gives the tape edges a chance to ease, if that makes sense. One of the experts will chime in and give a clear answer Im sure.

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Kcassells, I usually wait until the paint "tacks up", that is you can gently press your finger on it (where it is taped off of course!) and no paint transfers to your finger when you lift it up. At that point its no longer liquid, but isn't hardened either.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Kcassells, I usually wait until the paint "tacks up", that is you can gently press your finger on it (where it is taped off of course!) and no paint transfers to your finger when you lift it up. At that point its no longer liquid, but isn't hardened either.

Thanks for the feedback Arch and Cor. Both your boats are looking real sweet.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks for the comments guys, I have to say, 99% of everything I know about boats, Ive learned right here!!! All the answers are located in theses pages and in the minds of the folks here. Just have to ask!!

Well there will be no painting the second coat this weekend....70%+ chance of rain and storms till next Monday. Which is OK.....Ill let the boat bake in the garage till Sunday before sanding. The bimini showed up today, so I will be able to get that fit and located the next couple days.

Question for you guys...I have these I need to do something with....Im Thinking good old rustoleum with a fine horsehair brush.

Thoughts??