88 blue fin 1900 sportsman transom replace HELP !

Pappywolf

Cadet
Guys , I need some help. My transom on my blue fin I/O is rotten a 1/4 from the bottom. Rotten clear through to the outside sheet aluminium. I have never done a transom replace. What am I in for doing this myself. Thanks for any help.

Pappywolf

Cadet
Re: 88 blue fin 1900 sportsman transom replace HELP !

I understand what kind of wood. There is not alot of info on how to remove the rear unit so I can pull out the wood. The internet seams to allways talk about Mercs. Not much on OMC Cobra. I was hoping someone could tell me if I will need to pull the engine or not. You know, tell me there problems before I find out myself. Learn off there mistakes so I dont make them too. :noidea:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

But you don't need to post the same question on two different threads. You need to read the rules of the forum. You already have a thread about this topic. Just ask more specific questions on the same thread. You'll get members answering your questions in due time.

Pappywolf

Cadet

I needed help, not a class on rules. I am new to all this. I think I will try some place a little more helpful and not so unfriendly. Shame too.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Your previous post had several responses from members. If you would have returned to that thread with more specific questions they would have answered those specific questions. Having multiple threads on the same topic by the same member causes confusion and makes it difficult for everyone to keep up with what's going on. That's why the rule is there. I'm sorry if you felt I was being unhelpful. I was only trying to make it possible for you to get the help you were seeking the best possible way. This is the most knowledeable boating forum on the internet and you won't find a better place to get your questions answered. I hope you stick around.

Pappywolf

Cadet

You are right in what you say, Bad day at work. I am sorry Woodonglass. I will stay with my first post