Bimini top and snap cover for Starcraft Holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRob

Cadet
Hi there- First off, I am a new boat owner (I just bought a 1977 Starcraft Holiday 16 in really good shape) so I am sure I will be here more often really soon. But i was wondering if anyone could suggest a source for a bimini top for my boat and a source for a cover that would snap on? The snaps are on the boat and windshield so I was wondering if there are sources for covers that will fit already or do I have to get one custom made? Same for the bimini top: are there just generic tops out there that fit various sized boats? Or do I have to get one made? Sorry for the totally green questions. Thanks from a new boater!
884580_359837637458533_85099768_o.jpg

third times the charm

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bimini top and snap cover for Starcraft Holiday?

Hmmm, well he's a interesting note. My 68 Starcraft holiday has the snaps along the windshield too. Now mine came with a full snap on cover over the entire top, but mine will have to be remade once I get the restore done. You can see pics of my cover on my thread if you like to see. Not thread stealing, just trying to give you a visual

third times the charm

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't looked into a new cover because I got lucky and mine had one. You should be able to find one, if not a custom cover shouldn't be out of reach.

NJRob

Cadet

Thanks!:)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome NJRob. The top with snaps at the windshield and a frame similar to a bimini is usually called a convertible top, why I don't know. Many of us searched high and low, came away with hands empty. Seems custom is the only way. If you're referring to a snap on boat cover, it's still going to be a custom cover.

You can get a bimini right here at iboats. Click on Boat Parts & Accessories on top. You will probably end up with a universal bimini, which is really the same as any bimini.

BTW - nice looking Holiday.

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class

It seems like everyone wants to call a canvas type boat top a "bimini" these days but to me a bimini top is the sort that does not attach to the windshield.
I expect that the reason they have become popular is that they are more universal and thus less expensive. They fit a wide range of boats while the traditional convertible top is pretty much a custom fit item for most newer boats.
The bimini would provide protection from the sun but I am guessing, not much protection from rain if the boat is moving.

NJRob

Cadet

1004078_396260257149604_1895629562_n.jpg1069908_180313912143530_617079697_n (1).jpg
Picture with guy (My buddy Keith who is helping with the fixing up) shows the old carpet
Other pic is of new carpet.

Dash is next....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Inactive thread and the OP has been MIA for over a year. Back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.