Lone Star boat company

Hello: I have a 17' aluminum deep v boat built by the Lone Star boat co. of Grande Praire Texas. It has a 60hp. flying Scott electric start motor on it. I'm told this boat is from the 40's and was used to patrol the inside waters of the east coast during WW2 assisting in u-boat searches. I'm going to sell this outfit and was wondering if anyone can provide any information on the boat company. Thanks in advance.

Tick

Recruit
Re: Lone Star boat company

I have a 14 1/2 deep v aluminum Lonestar and did some research a while back when I bought it used...Lonestar was bought by Chrysler back in the 60's...here's an url I got from a Google search of 'lonestar boat comoany Chrysler' there are others url's...Tick

RogerL.

Cadet
Re: Lone Star boat company

I also own a Lonestar boat, I recently found that there's a club for Lonestar owners, perhaps someone there can help with some info. The addy is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lonestarboat/ You can also find out info on a site "FiberGlassics", it was here that I found a page from the original owners manual on my boat. Good luck, hope this helps. Roger :cool: